Smoking Fish

Started by HowieG, May 29, 2004, 02:07:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HowieG

I am a new user of the Bradley Smoker and would like to smoke salmon.  Other than the recipe that comes with the smoker are there any other tips or suggestions.

Thanks,

Ribman

Answered my own questions by looking under the archive section on fish.

ChefJeff

Welcome Howie G. I am glad you know how to read  that is the best way to enjoy this forum.If you can eat it you can smoke it and it will taste bettter.Pick up a copy of smoke & spice and go from there.[:D]

SMOKIN & SPOKEN

ruffinit

welcome howieg.if you found the forum archives,kummock from homer alaska has good post on doing salmon,step by step.i also have [smoke and spice]cookbook,[cheryl and bill jamison]wrote it.very good read and alot of good recipes and tips on bbq.good luck and enjoy.

mike

HowieG

Thank you very much for the info.  While I did not get to try the smoked salmon this weekend I did get a chance to smoke some babyback ribs. Since I have been a Ribman for some time making my own dry rubs and various BBQ sauces, then  slow cooking the ribs for over two hours on a conventional Weber, never have I tasted the pure joy of applewood smoked (6 hours)babyback ribs that I made in the Bradley Smoker.  The true test was taking some leftovers for my golfing buddies to try, cold at the golf course.  All of my golfing buddies know the quality of my ribs however,let me just say that I was rather pleased by the positive response of my friends.  To boot, I played well and even won some money.  What a great day.

Again, thanks.

Ribman

Fuzzybear

I think this guy is a sleeper!  Take what you like best about the rubs and consider how different flavors would be with the salmon and I say..............go for it!!!  Sounds like you've got the smoking thing down already!!!  Mine's pretty bland compared to Kummok, but basically, sugar/water and a good long soak!

"A mans got to know his limitations"
Glendora, CA - USA!