Cold smoking eggs?

Started by slowpoke, January 31, 2012, 04:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slowpoke

Anybody have any ideas on cold smoking shell less hard boiled eggs?I'm going to try to get to the cottage the weekend.I'd like to do some cold smoking.Should I leave them in for 4to6 hr.What do you do?
If your looking back at the things you missed,You won't know what hit you.

NePaSmoKer

Hard boiled, take the shell off and sit em right on the rack for bout an hour. If you go 4-6 hours you will have nasty grenade eggs  :o

Ka Honu

You have to boil them before you take the shell off?  Maybe that's where I went wrong.

Habanero Smoker

You can also brine the eggs before smoking for additional flavor. The below recipe is for quail egg to be brined for 1 hour, for chicken eggs you want to brine 2 - 4 hours.
Smoked Chicken or Quail Eggs

There is not enough time for you now, but in the future after you applied some smoke, try pickling them:
Pickled Eggs
Also good not smoked.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Scotty-G

I've also taken the smoked eggs and coated them with garlic powder (tossed in a baggie with powder and gently shaken) - got some good results with that
and also made smoked deviled eggs - that is a standing request for me to bring to some gatherings

slowpoke

Thanks Guys,I'll let you know how they turned out.

viper125

I make white pickled hot pepper eggs and then smoke an hour. HMMM! Should say wife makes them and I smoke. LOL
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

slowpoke

That sounds goooooood.Viper125

rooster85

Just to verify, no heat, just smoke right?

viper125

Yes just the smoke generator.
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

mikecorn.1

Quote from: Scotty-G on February 01, 2012, 08:33:25 AM
I've also taken the smoked eggs and coated them with garlic powder (tossed in a baggie with powder and gently shaken) - got some good results with that
and also made smoked deviled eggs - that is a standing request for me to bring to some gatherings
No
Recipe? :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

Tater

It's very simple, if you want to be a hero and get asked for every special event.  Hard boil peel and cold smoke for around 2 hours or until slightly golden.  Then use the eggs to make your favorite deviled egg recipe.  Be careful!  If you do this you won't be able to get away from it for the rest of your life.  I speak from experience.

Scotty-G

Quote from: Tater on February 03, 2012, 06:38:21 PM
It's very simple, if you want to be a hero and get asked for every special event.  Hard boil peel and cold smoke for around 2 hours or until slightly golden.  Then use the eggs to make your favorite deviled egg recipe.  Be careful!  If you do this you won't be able to get away from it for the rest of your life.  I speak from experience.

Yup - can't get away from it - we love 'em too

MikeCorn.1 - I just downloaded a recipe from the food network for deviled eggs and used smoked, hardboiled eggs
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/chic-easy/classic-deviled-eggs-recipe/index.html

La Quinta

Habanero Smoker

I make my smoked deviled eggs differently. In the past, most guests have bypassed the eggs because of their color. Mine come out more grayish then golden. So now I just smoke a few whole boiled eggs, and process the smoked egg whites of the smoked eggs with the egg yokes.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)