boneless chuck roast ideas???

Started by Illsmokeanything, February 04, 2012, 08:32:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Illsmokeanything

Hi everyone.  I just picked up a great looking 4lb boneless chuck roast and thought I would try smoking it.  Does anyone have any great receipes, including marinades, cooktimes, smoketimes, recommended IT for medium, etc???  All ideas are appreciated.

Thanks

GusRobin

cold smoke for 2 hrs, put in crock pot with carrots, potatoes (cut about 1 inch square) and sliced onions.cook about 5 hours.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Illsmokeanything

thanks gusrobin.  I take it this may not be the greatest dish to smoke, seems like there isn't much interest in the chuck roast.  Do you add water or broth to the crockpot? or just the veggies?  Is that with your crockpot on low or high?

GusRobin

I don't add liquid, just the meat and veggies.I have added Lipton's onion soup (the dry package) again without water. As  we speak I have chuck short ribs in the crock pot wit veggies and Lipton's.
I put on for about 1- 1 1/2 hrs then low. But then there were times when I forgot and left on high the whole time.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.