My Nascar Salmon Platter

Started by devo, February 25, 2012, 09:35:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

devo

Had a request to make up a salmon platter for Nascar on Sunday. So I went with the Kummok recipe again as it has never failed me yet.
The platter is made up with smoked shrimp, salmon and lemons and strawberry's to give it some colour.

The shrimp where precooked store bought and I used 1 cup of Soy Vay Veri Veri Teriyaki and added to that 2 Tablespoons of Jan's spicy rub. Mixed it all up and than poured the mixture into the reveo to tumble for 10 minutes. They came out just like candy with just a hint of the spicy Jan's rub. I would add more rub next time to the mix. Than I gave the shrimp 2 hours of cold smoke, no heat to give them a nice smoky flavor.

After the tumble and drying out before going into the smoker

In the smoker and using my A-Mazen-N pellet box.

The Salmon and all the fixings. Tooth picks in the middle for them yummy shrimp  ;)

Keymaster

Wowzers, Thats some kinda snack tray. What kinda pellets did you smoke them shrimps with? Nice Job!!!

devo

I went with the Jack Daniel's, it gives a nice flavor and for the short smoke I didn't have to use that many of them.

Batman of BBQ

Don't want to be the best in the world, just the best in my neighborhood.

1 OBS, Nuff Said

KyNola

Liking the twist on the smoked shrimp!  Soy Vay and Jan's Spicy Dry Rub, who knew?!  Sounds like a winner to me.

mikecorn.1

Dam nice looking platter. Nice work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

NePaSmoKer

Sam3

devo

With the race being cancelled yesterday do to rain we chowed down on some really good eats and drank lots of beers  ;D ;D ;D
Still a good day all in all

Oh and thanks for all the kind words

MidKnightRider

Next time I'm coming to your house to watch the race!  ;D
"A Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever."John Adams
The Big Easy
OBS
ProQ Smoke Gererator
Little Chief Front Loader
Chair-Broil Electric Smoker
Thermos Gas Grill
http://www.susanminor.org/forums/index.php
BBQ Evangelist

SiFumar

Quote from: MidKnightRider on February 28, 2012, 08:34:33 AM
Next time I'm coming to your house to watch the race!  ;D

What he said!