how to serve smoked rainbow trout

Started by Illsmokeanything, February 05, 2012, 10:22:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Illsmokeanything

Hi all!  Well, yesterday I smoked some nice 18" rainbow trout that we caught out of the ice 2 days ago.  I used boutchs trout brine and the fish turned out incredible!  We haven't eaten much yet because we wanted to give it 24 hours in the fridge fro the flavors to blend...

My question is.... what are everyones favorite ways to serve something like this?  Is it best to serve hot or cold?  any special dip ideas? or just your favorite way to eat it.. thanks

Smokeville

Here is our family's way, and best of all, it has zero calories and no fat!

One piece of your smoked trout at room temperature.
One wedge of triple cream brie (St. Andre would be our choice) at room temperature.

Slice off some trout.
Slice off some brie.
Squish them together with your fingers.
Pop in your mouth.

Goes great with chardonney or even beer.

Prost!

Rich

KyNola

Put one of those trout in front of me and get out of the way.  Done! :)

Illsmokeanything

thanks for the replies! I had stuff ready to make a dip  and before I could get around to making the dip... fish had disappeared!! My friends obviously aren't that picky!

Habanero Smoker

Besides making it a dip, I place it in the middle of a platter, surround it with crackers, various cheeses, and a variety of sliced firm fruits that have been dipped in lemon or lime juice, and let people have at it. You may have to convince one or two to try a combination of smoke trout and fruit, but once you get one to try it other join in. It is especially good with slices of Granny Smith apples.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

iceman

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on February 06, 2012, 02:36:52 AM
Besides making it a dip, I place it in the middle of a platter, surround it with crackers, various cheeses, and a variety of sliced firm fruits that have been dipped in lemon or lime juice, and let people have at it. You may have to convince one or two to try a combination of smoke trout and fruit, but once you get one to try it other join in. It is especially good with slices of Granny Smith apples.

Hab, your spot on with the apple, cheese, trout. Ann and I will make a dinner out of that.

pikeman_95

Ice man
Here is a link on smoking some rainbows a friend gave me.

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=24231.msg290908#msg290908

and here is how we like to serve smoked fish some times.

We crumble it over a large Cesar salad

KC