New Bradley Smokers

Started by TY, January 24, 2006, 07:31:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TY

3 New Bradleys wil be showcased at the ShotShow in Las Vegas in Feb, 2006. They include a 6 shelf model, digital controls and a portable propane smoker that runs for 8 to 10 hours on one of those small green propane bottles. Here is a link to the announcement, http://www.shotshow.org/App/homepage.cfm?linkid=20587&moduleid=2645&appname=100300&pgswitch=pgsearch&campaignid=10736&iUserCampaignID=20208090 .

If the link does not work go to Shotshow.com, new products, click new product catagory, select all products, keyword Bardley. They all look like nice products. I called Bradley and they will not tell me when these will be available, nor could they tell me if the digital controls can be sold seperately for retro-fit to our smokers.

Regards, TY
EVC 2.0

Lower Colorado River, AZ, It's a dry heat! ECV-2.0-Platrix

manxman

They look really good, particularly the 6 shelf digital model.

I just hope they have used this as an opportunity to iron out the problems on the current models as well, particularly the generator issues!

Manxman.
Manxman

Oldman

My concern is the same as some other members here and that rack rotation on the 6 rack smoker might have to happen more often. It is a shame there is no fan in that box.

Next, it looks like all of the controls are part of the generator. So my guess at this point is that you could retro your current box with a newer style generator.

Like manxman said I too hope the problem with the generator has been worked out. My next concern will parts for the older style units... will Bradley still stock them i.e. rheostat etc.? Or are these new units an addon to the line up?

I wonder just how much more this 6 rack unit will cost... Anyone want to make a guess?

EDIT: Opps my bad... <b>New larger 6 rack smoker plus <i>original 4 rack.</i> </b>

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

oguard

That thing looks sweet.Considering I have had my smoker for over a year maybe it time to break in another one.First ask the wife and work tons of overtime and then work more over time to fill it.LOL[:D][:D]

Mike

Catch it,Kill it,Smoke it
Catch it,Kill it,Smoke it.

jaeger

The shell on the portable looks interesting. We were just talking about insulating options on the Bradley.Also, there would be no more problems holding the door open while rotating racks etc...

<font size="4"><b>Doug</b></font id="size4">

Chez Bubba

Here's what I know (or think I do):

New 4 & 6-rack smokers with PID? controler available April-May. 4-rack $500-ish, 6-rack $600-ish.

Propane model due mid-summer (read for Christmas) $200-ish.

SHOT show models are prototypes, actual production hasn't begun. They will be here, just not as soon as a lot of us would like.

Rest assured we are dying to evaluate them & are very curious in the ability to upgrade options. We'll certainly let you all know.

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

Phone Guy

I would like to volunteer as a professional unbiased tester.[:D]

bubbagump

It will be interesting to see the price of the new 6 rack digital model and what type of controller they use.

I also hope the new models will give a person the option of shuting off the bisquette advance motor.

I ended up installing a switch in the front of my smoke generator, between the power switch and the advance button, so that I can shut the motor off while warming up the BS and after the last dummy puck is advanced.

Bubbagump

dick621

That sounds like a good idea bubba. Think I will do that. Less wear and tear on the advance motor is bound to be a good thing.    
                    Dick in Emmett, Idaho
Dick in Emmett, Idaho

IKnowWood

bubbagump, dick.  

Can you work out a new thread and focus on this as another Mod with parts, procedure and pictures to help the rest of us learn what you did and how we can replicate it.

Thanks.
IKnowWood
Coming to you from the DelMarVa (US East Coast that is)

Look up Our Time Tested And Proven recipes

SMOKEHOUSE ROB