Dri Cured Pepperoni

Started by NePaSmoKer, February 13, 2012, 06:01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: viper125 on February 16, 2012, 06:55:26 AM
Quote from: NePaSmoKer on February 15, 2012, 10:10:34 AM
Quote from: viper125 on February 15, 2012, 09:57:59 AM
May be stupid question But...Just wondering didn't see no bacteria cultures added to this. Also when incubating don't you need a lot of humidity too?
By the way looks mighty fine!

Dont need any bactoferm culture because used Fermento.
70% R/H

When smoking how can you maintain 70%R/H? Just asking because Id like to try some.  Yours look excellent.

I didnt retain a R/H factor when in the 6 rack. (smoked like normal) Only humidity in the fridge. This is where the weight reduction and dryness is happening.
On this recipe the humidity needs to be in the 70-80% area. Some other type require more, some less.

viper125

Thanks for the reply. I guess I'm going to be dead before I get this dry cure into my old head. LOL
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: viper125 on February 16, 2012, 07:50:09 AM
Thanks for the reply. I guess I'm going to be dead before I get this dry cure into my old head. LOL

Naaa

Aint as hard as it looks.

viper125

Well it is when you have to piece it together from info here or there. One does it this way one does it that way. Wow! I learned to smoke from my grandpa and a couple people i know. Im not the sharpest tool some times and forget a lot. So learning is rough. LOL Now if only some of you would move to Ohio near me May be them....LOL
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

seemore

Rick wow is all I can say
seemore

MrRaven

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: viper125 on February 16, 2012, 02:57:11 PM
Well it is when you have to piece it together from info here or there. One does it this way one does it that way. Wow! I learned to smoke from my grandpa and a couple people i know. Im not the sharpest tool some times and forget a lot. So learning is rough. LOL Now if only some of you would move to Ohio near me May be them....LOL

I used to live near Ohio   :o

Kevin A

So far, it's lookin' REAL good!

Rick, I really like your new cabinet.
I've been scouring the local Craigslist for something comparable....

-Kevin

NePaSmoKer

Getting closer to pepperoni eating.

Here is my cure fridge.

Digital temp/fridge control. The fridge piggy backs off the control plug.

Top controls. The digital control over rides these.

Humidifier. I'm thinking on getting a smaller one.

Cure fridge working.

OU812

Them there Pepperoni are lookin better every day.

Keymaster

Did you figure out what that noise was in the compressor compartment? Lookin Good!!!!

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Keymaster on February 17, 2012, 07:11:35 AM
Did you figure out what that noise was in the compressor compartment? Lookin Good!!!!

Yeah

A rubber sorta washer thing on the bottom of the pan that is cracked. will fix after these are done.

MidKnightRider

Man ol man those are looking good!
"A Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever."John Adams
The Big Easy
OBS
ProQ Smoke Gererator
Little Chief Front Loader
Chair-Broil Electric Smoker
Thermos Gas Grill
http://www.susanminor.org/forums/index.php
BBQ Evangelist

KyNola

NePaSmoKer

I got a new controller for the heat lamps when the application calls for timed heat.