Fan blade part # Also, stacking blades?

Started by DocZ, February 11, 2012, 09:25:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocZ

So while doing heater mod, I damaged the fan blade used in circulation mod. I checked the archives to get the Grainger part number for the replacement fan blade, but the link is broken. Anyone able to pass that part number along....Pretty please.
Second part is an open question to others using this fan mod. Has anyone tried stacking a second fan to original fan by either gluing or extending the drive shaft?--just thinking I could use abit more air movement.

TedEbear

Which link didn't work?  The one for the complete Circulation Fan mod works fine.

What diameter blade do you want?  The one in the above mod is 2", Grainger item # 2C948.  That'll flow at 35 CFM.

Grainger lists other fans near the bottom of that last link if you want a larger diameter with slightly more airflow.  Check the bore diameter to be sure it will fit on the shaft before ordering.

Habanero Smoker

The links and part numbers to both the fan blade and motor can also be found on the first page of instructions at the recipe site. I just tested them and the links are good.

Circulation Fan Parts

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

carnie1

That fan blade has been discontinued, I tried to order one 2 weeks ago, this one is pretty close http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/DAYTON-Propeller-2MXY4 This is a 2 inch blade with a 3/16 bore

DocZ

Your so right!  I tried linking from Raye's post---BTW here's a heads up>>> This part is being discontinued @$1.80/ea and replaced by one made by dayton with same specs @$4.22/ea :'(!?
I bought a couple extra

Habanero Smoker

Thanks for the heads up. The blade link on the recipe site still works, and I can add it to the basket, but I didn't process to complete the order.

I continue to monitor this, and make the changes at the recipe site.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

DocZ

So, for the record, I just got six of these blades from my local Grainger today. FWIW, they told me that while they are discontinued, there is "still alot of these units in the system". I plan on helping a friend with this mod and also plan to stack two blades using a 3/16' dowel and maybe a high temp-resistant glue----any advice on selecting a good adhesive???

Salmonsmoker

I picked up the fan blades at the local Grainger. They still had 19 of them left. Also, I was looking for the Tempco CSF00131 and came across www.zorotools.com . The element was $41.06 + $5 shipping. I'd already bought the C-frame motor @ Grainger for approx. $42. Found what looks like the same motor @ Zoro for $29.87.  Their part # G 0478737 if anyone is interested.
Give a man a beer and he'll waste a day.
Teach him how to brew and he'll waste a lifetime.

Habanero Smoker

That looks like a good match. Just be sure you order the 2-inch shaft.

I
         don't
                   inhale.