Jan's Rub

Started by Sharne, February 17, 2012, 06:49:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sharne

After weeks of waiting, the last ingrediant has arrived from the US for me to try this legendary rub, my question to you all is which meat best suits this rub? I have inlaws arriving tomorrow so I was planning on having a big bbq,

KyNola

Seeing as how my wife is the Jan that Jan's Rub is named for I think I may be qualified to answer your question. ;)  We put that Rub together after a good friend of ours who owns a local BBQ joint asked us to try his poultry rub.  We loved it but he wouldn't give us his recipe.  So we cloned it.

The original purpose of Jan's Rub is for for all things poultry.  Having said that, it's good on pretty much anything including a rock. ;D

Rub down some chickens and smoke 'em!

KyNola

I forgot something very very important.  Jan and I can't believe you would order the ingredients all the way from the US to New Zealand just to try our Rub.

That is totally awesome.  Thank you so very much.

muebe

Jan's rub is great on just about everything. It is especially good on chicken legs :)
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

Sharne

I have to say that I have just mixed up my first batch of Jan's rub and it was totally worth all the effort of getting the ingredients sent to me from the US, it smells amazing and I can't wait to taste it tomorrow, so a big thank you to both Jan and KyNola for sharing their recipe,
My next mission is Muebe nuggets, I already have the prague instacure #1 from an earlier order, I just need to find the Soy Vay Teriyaki sauce and get it sent here, we have nothing like that over here on the market.

muebe

My nuggets have gone worldwide  :o
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

viper125

Im still trying to find the things Jan rub don't work on. LOL I am even using it in a new trail stick recipe as my main spice or spices. LOL
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

EDinNB

I use Jan's rub on Chicken, Turkey, All kinds of pig, fresh and cured... try it on a ham steak, and I also use it on beef. I loke others have not found anything it isn't good on.

One more thing, when coating meat for the deep fryer using flower and egg wash, Jan's Rub is used to at spice to the coating mix as well.

Another hint for those who like to play, I pyt 1/4 cup in my magic bullet/spice grinder and chop it to a very fine dust...this sticks much better and adds way more flavor.

Thanks Jan and Mr Jan :)

EdinNB

viper125

We use it for every thing. I even put it on jerky,turkey legs,pork an chicken rolls, ribs and sprinkle in fried potatoes too! Absolutly love it. Had to make a triple batch to day.
Inside setup.

KyNola

Try it on popcorn and in scrambled eggs in lieu of salt. ;)

Bavind

I used it on a batch of of this weekend. fantastic

viper125

Wife calls it the house seasoning! LOL
Inside setup.

TMB

I feel bad, I still have not tried Jan's rub yet  :'(.    I need to make a batch for sure
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

KyNola

Quote from: TMB on April 23, 2012, 07:47:21 PM
I feel bad, I still have not tried Jan's rub yet  :'(.    I need to make a batch for sure
That's OK Tommy.  I haven't bought an SRG yet! ;D ;D ;D

mikecorn.1

Quote from: TMB on April 23, 2012, 07:47:21 PM
You're not the only one. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike