Amazing Brisket Sauce

Started by BBNRules, January 21, 2014, 04:21:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BBNRules

I found this somewhere and made it after the brisket I smoked over the weekend.  It has a depth of flavor this is so good.  I took the Burnt Ends and shredded them apart, heated them in the sauce, and put them in a grilled cheese using Pepperidge Farm Sourdough bread.  I used Sharp Cheddar and American cheese and it was over the top good!  Here is the recipe if any of you want to try it.

BRISKET SAUCE

1 cup of Brisket au jus
2 Cups Ketchup
1/4 cup freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
1/4 cup freshly Squeezed Lime Juice
1/2 cup Bourbon
1/2 cup packed Brown Sugar
1 onion, small chop
1 Tablespoon Smoky Hungarian Paprika
1 Teaspoon Celery Salt
1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper

Add all ingredients and cover simmering 45 minutes to an Hour. Stirring so not to burn. 

Saber 4

Sounds good, next you can start making your own easy crusty bread for your sandwiches. :)

BBNRules

I am NOT adding bread making to my arsenal.  I was given a bread maker years ago and made a few loaves (fru-fru crap like Rosemary-Sun Dried tomato and stuff like that) and it's not worth it.  Pepperidge Farm sourdough soaks up the butter and makes an awesome crusty grilled cheese sandwich.  Some things aren't meant to be improved upon.  :)

Smoker John

I pretty much like anything with Bourbon in it lol, sounds like a tasty recipe
Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

tailfeathers

Quote from: BBNRules on January 21, 2014, 09:28:18 AM
I am NOT adding bread making to my arsenal.  I was given a bread maker years ago and made a few loaves (fru-fru crap like Rosemary-Sun Dried tomato and stuff like that) and it's not worth it.  Pepperidge Farm sourdough soaks up the butter and makes an awesome crusty grilled cheese sandwich.  Some things aren't meant to be improved upon.  :)
Don't get me wrong, it's not like I don't buy any bread nowadays but if you get a stoneware cloche and make the crusty bread in it there is NO comparison to what a bread making machine spews forth!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

iceman

Quote from: tailfeathers on January 21, 2014, 09:41:53 AM

Don't get me wrong, it's not like I don't buy any bread nowadays but if you get a stoneware cloche and make the crusty bread in it there is NO comparison to what a bread making machine spews forth!

XX2  :)

Saber 4

Quote from: iceman on January 21, 2014, 02:23:57 PM

You can even make it in a cast iron Dutch oven if you don't want to get a long loaf cloche, it is ten times better than the bread maker bread. I can't remember how many bread makers we have gotten rid of over the years before we found this bread recipe. Ten minutes to mix the dough, forget about it for 12-18 hours then heat up the pot and bake for 30 minutes. But I can certainly understand not wanting to add more cooking to your plate than you want to just for bread. :)

kayes

Did you just put a pan under the brisket to catch the drippings for the jus?
My name is Kayes, and I love meat.

tailfeathers

You can certainly do that, but if you FTC your brisket for a couple hours you will have lots of jus when you unwrap the foil. And it's GOOD stuff !

Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

pondee

Quote from: Saber 4 on January 21, 2014, 05:11:51 PM
Quote from: iceman on January 21, 2014, 02:23:57 PM

You can even make it in a cast iron Dutch oven if you don't want to get a long loaf cloche, it is ten times better than the bread maker bread. I can't remember how many bread makers we have gotten rid of over the years before we found this bread recipe. Ten minutes to mix the dough, forget about it for 12-18 hours then heat up the pot and bake for 30 minutes. But I can certainly understand not wanting to add more cooking to your plate than you want to just for bread. :)

Amen to cast iron Dutch oven bread baking.  No harder than using a bread machine but sooooo much better.