Jan's Rub

Started by Sharne, February 17, 2012, 06:49:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyNola

Quote from: RFT on August 16, 2013, 05:33:15 PM
I'm lazy.  Anyplace selling  jans Rub at stores or is this strictly make yourself type?
No, no stores selling Jan's Rub DAMN IT!  ;D

Signed,
Jan's husband. 8)

Saber 4

Quote from: KyNola on August 16, 2013, 08:41:05 PM
I'm lazy.  Anyplace selling  jans Rub at stores or is this strictly make yourself type?

Signed,
Jan's husband. 8)

You may need to do something about that :)

RFT

Quote from: KyNola on August 16, 2013, 08:41:05 PM

Signed,
Jan's husband. 8)

LOL.. Thanks KyNola
"Some world views are spacious and some are merely spaced."
N.P.

SiFumar

Well worth making it!  And doubling it as long as you making it....you'll need it!

viper125

Kynola! Just wanted you to know, Jan's rub is our go to. Cant make meat as much as i use to. But the Jan's rub is a staple in our kitchen too! Still trying to find something it don't compliment. Wife uses it as the house spice and uses it for every thing. Just wanted to tell you and your wife thank you!
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

KyNola

Thank you for your very kind words Viper.

Hope you're doing well.

rveal23

I have finally made and used this Famous Rub, and I have to say that it is very good! Made 3 Racks of ribs over the weekend and they were a hit! I had 1 rack without any mop on it and everyone loved those just as much.  I used the juices that came from after the Foil Wrap of the ribs to make the BBQ and it just was perfect, light and sweet. Thanx KyNola
* DBS w/ 900watt Mod
* Webber Kettle Grill
* Hybrid Grill

BigRich

The wife started using it on homemade French Fries some time ago.  I won't eat French fries at home any other way anymore.

viper125

Quote from: Sharne on February 17, 2012, 06:49:57 PM
After weeks of waiting, the last ingrediant has arrived from the US for me to try this legendary rub, my question to you all is which meat best suits this rub? I have inlaws arriving tomorrow so I was planning on having a big bbq,

Lets put it this way. I have yet to find one its not good on. LOL! Wife uses it as a house spice on potatoes and every thing. LOL!
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

BBNRules

I made it and tasted it before cooking it on meat and it tastes sweet to me.  Does it develop some heat or savory on meat, or is it sweet in nature throughout the cooking process.  I used it in beans and it was good.  Thanks!

TedEbear

Quote from: BBNRules on January 21, 2014, 04:14:43 AM
I made it and tasted it before cooking it on meat and it tastes sweet to me.  Does it develop some heat or savory on meat, or is it sweet in nature throughout the cooking process.

There are two versions.  Did you make the regular or spicy?

Jan's Dry Rub (regular)

Jan's Spicy Dry Rub

BBNRules

I made the original and I can't open that link for the spicy.  Some issue with my proxy server I'm told.  I'd appreciate the spicy recipe (can I alter the original?). 

tailfeathers

Change the garlic salt to garlic powder, increase cayenne to 2 tsp. everything else is the same I'm pretty sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

TedEbear

Quote from: BBNRules link=topic=27189.msg399080#msg399080 date=1390313705I'd appreciate the spicy recipe (can I alter the original?).
/quote]

Jan's Spicy Dry Rub
From KyNola

One of the site's favorite rubs has modified to satisfy those that like a little more heat.

Ingredients:

1 cup + 4 tbsp sugar
    1/4 cup Lawry's seasoned salt
    1/4 cup garlic powder ***
    1/4 cup + 1 1/2 tsp celery salt
    1/4 cup onion salt
    1/2 cup paprika
    3 Tbsp chili powder
    2 Tbsp black pepper
    1 Tbsp lemon pepper
    2 tsp cayenne ***
    2 tsp celery seed
    2 tsp dry ground sage
    1 tsp dry mustard
    1/2 tsp dry ground thyme

*** Changes from the original recipe.

Directions:

Place all ingredients in a large bowl and mix until well blended. Store in a cool area away from light in air tight jar or sealable plastic bag.

Tulla

About time i found out what all this is about, got the ingredients and even managed to get some Lawrys seasoned salt here in the UK, a bit pricey but hey ho. Now wheres the meat !!