Cleaning

Started by Cutterone, May 28, 2004, 07:04:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cutterone

I am curious to find out how often, if at all, everyone cleans their Bradley.I usually run the pot and racks and drip pan through the dishwasher after each smoke, but was wondering about the box. I also wipe down the door seal after each smoke. If you do clean it, what do you use and how do you do it? Thanks.

Bassman

Cutterone,
I wash the bowel and racks after each smoke also. On ocasion the door seal with soap & water. The only time I do anything to the cabinet is when the black stuff begins to peel. Then I just knock off the loose stuff and wipe it out. I also take off the vent on top when it gets gooy and wash it with soap & water. I also like to keep the plate the pucks sit on clean with a wire brush. Thats all I do.

<i><font color="blue"><b>Jack</i></font id="blue"></b>
Jack

ruffinit

bman about covered it,i also take off smoke generator and wipe with soap and water,[the hole for s.generator]after each smoke wipe door seal and door.i too never wash flavor from inside smoker,just when i get flakes i just wipe off.all racks,pans and drip guard[v shaped guard]gets washed.be sure to spray all racks ,v gaurd with non stick cooking spray for easy clean up.welcome to the smokers forum cutterone!

mike

Fuzzybear

ewwwwww....bman...the bowel?  "BOWL"!! LOL!!

"A mans got to know his limitations"
Glendora, CA - USA!

whitetailfan

Good eye on that fuzzy, I missed it first time through...LOL[:D]

Aside from any digestive tract the smoker may have, so far I have only cleaned the door seal.  My vent has alot of goooo that I will be washing after removing as suggested by Bass.  Never thought to undo that little screw[|)]

I was gonna clean out the cabinet as suggested in the manual, BUT I got a big warning from Mr. Adiministrator not to do so.  Not only is it easier not to clean it, but a good reference has suggested that we take the lazy route[;)]

I have not had the unit long enough for the black crud to cake and flake off yet, but I'm sure it's coming.  I will only do a dry wipe to remove flakes as suggested here.

<b><font color="green">whitetailfan</font id="green"></b>
"Nice Rack"
Lethbridge, AB
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.

msiler

The only time I have had the wonderful black seasoning flake was when I did not refill the water in a timely manner and ran it dry. Other than that I only throw the racks, drip tray, bowl, and vent in the dishwasher.

When in doubt smoke it.

ChefJeff

What he said.[:D]Welcome -

SMOKIN & SPOKEN

Cutterone

Thanks All. It sounds like I will keep on doing what I am doing. Smoking and enjoying and not doing to much cleaning[:D].

Bassman

oops! Did I say enima?[V]

<i><font color="blue"><b>Jack</i></font id="blue"></b>
Jack