How do you cold smoke Devilled Eggs??? Help Please.

Started by Arrow'em and Smoke'em, February 23, 2012, 07:15:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arrow'em and Smoke'em

We are having a smoked prime rib feed with three couples this Saturday and they want me to smoke some devilled eggs for an appetizer. I could really use a recipe that doesn't put us all in the hospital Sunday morning. Anybody have a reliable recipe that will keep us from getting sick?

mikecorn.1

Hello there.
Try this thread. Has links also within it.
Cold Smoking Eggs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

Arrow'em and Smoke'em

Thanks for the info/links. I think I will try to hard boil the eggs, de-shell them, cold-smoke the whole egg at around 34-36 degrees for an hour or so, take them out and cut them in half, mix up the guts and call them done.

I'll try to get some pics posted as the process progresses.

slowpoke

I boiled my eggs for 5 min.,cooled them for an hour before shelling them.Took them to the cottage and smoked them (cold smoke),for 2hrs.Apple smoke.Into a container and in the fridge.WOW!!!! Jude mashed them for sandwiches.She baged them and froze them.
If your looking back at the things you missed,You won't know what hit you.

Habanero Smoker

When you mix up the egg yokes, mash a few smoked egg whites in with it. For a dozen eggs, I generally will mash in  1-2 smoked egg whites to give the filling a smoke flavor also.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

viper125

Sounds good Habs I'll try it. I dont care much for the gray color either as it dont look as good.
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

squirtthecat

Toss in some paprika (if you are the paprika on deviled eggs type) while the eggs are smoking..    I use a coffee filter.