Boneless Pork Serloin Roast

Started by owrstrich, January 27, 2006, 04:27:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

owrstrich

i picked up a 12 pound package of boneless pork serloin...

when i open it there was 4 equal pieces... so i guess i got 4@ 3 pound chunks with no fat...

i read on another forum that the serloin should be smoked to 190 like a butt... however this stuff looks more like a loin that i would normaly smoke to 150...

any ideas as to when to pull these things... i got them rubbed with bigsmokers dizzy pig swamp venom right now and was gonna smoke them tomorrow with a full load of brisket and butt...

more later...

owrstrich
i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

SMOKEHOUSE ROB

whitetailfan

owrstrich,
I would treat it like a loin.  I made the same "mistake" a while back, thinking I was getting a loin to do smoked chops and opened the bag to find 4 hunks of meat wedged so close together it looked solid.

As it was too late to stop, I made chops with them, but had lots of outside pieces of course.  The other bag I got on the two-for-one I made into lean buckboard bacon.  Turned out awesome.

The short message I'm trying to get across is that the sirloin pieces are very close in nature to loin and I think you should follow your instincts about treating like loin.

<font color="green">whitetailfan</font id="green">
"Nice Rack"
Lethbridge, AB
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.

owrstrich

right on... i looked all over and found little... thanks...

owrstrich
i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...