BDS Temp Gauge issue

Started by TexasDux, February 26, 2012, 09:04:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fooser2006

This has been a great thread to read.  I just purchased a BDS last week and am new to smoking but i did notice that the temp didn't seem to be right at all.  So, being a newbie to this, it is important to me to know the temp is right so i know if I am cooking everything properly.  As well my bigger problem seems to be that the temp takes sooooo long to come up and stay once the door is opened to add or check on something. (I know the more experience smokers probably don't need to look, but being a newbie it is a step I am going through). 

So if I were to make any adjustments to this smoker it seems to be adding an extra element and or a fan would be very helpful in my process.  Would this be correct??

Thanks all

mikecorn.1

2nd element or one 900w will help a lot. I'm not too impressed with my 2" fan mod. Some are having better results with them. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

Fooser2006

So can you do a direct replacement with a new 900 watt element or do you have to make any modifications??

mikecorn.1

I have the extra 500. I really don't know about the 900. Post a thread and ask. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike