marinating chicken and apple juice

Started by Rad Rich, February 08, 2012, 03:25:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rad Rich

When my friend smokes whole chicken she soaks it
in apple cider for 2 days is that too long?  I usuallyam brine it in seathe salt, maple syrup and herbs but I wonder if the cider method would taste great what you think.
Smokin is only bad for you when you inhale.

mikecorn.1

Try it and let us know. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

viper125

Do it the same just substitute the cider for water. Love cider on pork and chicken. Totally different then apple juice I think.
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

Rad Rich

Rad Rich

Went over to my friends house this weekend she did her chicken that she soaks in apple cider for two days.  Out of the smoker and into the oven for about 20 minutes. Was very tasty. She had a nice Italian garlic rub on it.  Had about three slices out of the breast.  We walked away for about 45 seconds... heard a crash.... seems her dog really likes smoked chicken too.    All over the floor and in the dogs belly.  Bad hall as... bad hallas

Smokeville

My sister-in-law once left a turkey on the counter to come up to room temperature before putting it in the oven. Went for a walk and when she came back Tippy had polished it off. She was laying on the floor unable to move. It's a wonder it didn't kill her.

Next time she took the dog with her.

Rich

viper125

I once was given a  state champion beagle  that we hunted over for a few years. The guys wife fed it the carcass of their Thanks Giving turkey. The bones become stuck in the walls of the intestine and he was going to die if no surgery. Well the man didnt have the money and I did so figure it was a good deal. 2500.00 surgery, Feed and care every day, and he still got to hunt all the time with MY dog. Priceless!
Makes me wonder who got the best deal! LOL but that dog was great and hunted over ten years and killed thousands of rabbits.

Good Memories!
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.