first chickens this weekend.

Started by hybridcx, February 20, 2012, 05:59:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hybridcx

decided if we were going to do one chicken mine as well do three, and gave two of them a dry rub, and wet marinated the third in a sesame ginger. also all three got a soak in a brownsugar salt vinegar brine the day before as well..

so mild weather day slight breeze and a 55 deg. out set pid to 250 and stuffed em in.

it took a long time to recover back to temp, so much so that i did not rotate them at all just hoped they would be OK.
smoked for 2hr 20 min, pulled foil and into oven at 350 until IT was reached.
man were they good will deff be redoing them. the spicy dry rub was the best overall.

thanks for everyone for the help from the pid programming to the tip on butterflying the down ect.
i will deff be doing the dual element mod already have it on order. also can you get a longer cord for the PID? the one Bradley came with is short it would not reach the table I had to set it on.

mikecorn.1

Very nice looking birds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

dman4505

"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."

The Man's Prayer: I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

OU812

I'd rock that like the 80's

Them birds look great!

OldHickory

The chickens look great.  Looks like you spatchcocked them.  If you get a ext. cord for your PID, make it short as possible and heavy gage e.g.10 or better.
Bradley DS4 with Auber PID and dual element mod
Char-Broil SRG
Weber kettle with rotisserie
Charmglow 5 burner with rotisserie pgg
Pit Barrel Smoker

We the people own this United States Of America,and the Constitution is our owners manual.

viper125

Looking good love smoked Chicken.
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

ghost9mm

Well done partner, them chickens look killer...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

hybridcx

Thanks did a batch of 10 chicken breast they tuned out good to, I don need an extension cord for the pid that cord is Long enough it's the jumper cord from smoke generator to smoker that now plugs from pix to smoker it's only like 2' leaving the lid tucked behind the smoker on the ground then making the prob for the lid only able to make it halfway down inside smoker..