Smoker Box Project

Started by bwmoffit, March 12, 2012, 12:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bwmoffit

Spent the weekend building a box for my smoker.  Used cherry for the exterior and kitchen counter tops for the shelves.

MidKnightRider

Looks like you made a nice home for your Bradley!
Fine work!
"A Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever."John Adams
The Big Easy
OBS
ProQ Smoke Gererator
Little Chief Front Loader
Chair-Broil Electric Smoker
Thermos Gas Grill
http://www.susanminor.org/forums/index.php
BBQ Evangelist

mikecorn.1

Dang! That is nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

Clyde72

Wow, that is great, what a great way to limit wind, ambient temps and the like.  I like it SMOKERS GONE WILD!!!!!!

SiFumar

That is really nicely done.  What's that white stuff on the ground around it? :)

Clyde72

Hey, now that I thought about it, could you give me the deminsions to the box and some materials list. I really like this concept and would love to build one.  Thanks.

Keymaster

Nice Job!!! Looks like she's got some little casters to boot :)

SouthernSmoked

Sweet!!! Very nice home for your Bradley.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

the rockin E

looks very nice! gives me ideas for mine. looks likes someone is in the tinning trade, by the way the venting is done . do i see intake vents on the right side ?

slowpoke

Some fancy smok'n box.LOVE IT!!
Oh Ya, Welcome aboard.
If your looking back at the things you missed,You won't know what hit you.

bwmoffit

Quote from: slowpoke on March 12, 2012, 05:33:18 PM
Some fancy smok'n box.LOVE IT!!
Oh Ya, Welcome aboard.

Copper top was the most expensive part $150 but you can use galv steele for about $50, find any tin shop and give the dimension they will do perfect work.  Vents on the side to help with needed air flow

bwmoffit

Quote from: Keymaster on March 12, 2012, 04:18:55 PM
Nice Job!!! Looks like she's got some little casters to boot :)

I used kitichen cabinet doors, go to you local cabinet/lumber store and ask for any seconds or left over doors, these were a steal, $10 for each solid cherry, the guy thru in the kitichen counter tops for free.  Copper top was expensive $150.  The entire project was under $200, under $100 without the copper.  I usually over do things and try to make furniture out of everything.  Caster as a nice touch to make it move on the deck.