It's about to warm up...

Started by muebe, March 02, 2012, 01:55:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muebe

:o :o :o :o :o

To be continued....
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

mikecorn.1

OUCH!! I can't even handle jalapeƱos. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

Ka Honu

I'm still trying to deal with the habaƱeros from SWMBO's garden.  One will season about 20 pounds of anything you have.  I'm still trying to figure out how to use more than one in a dish, sauce, or whatever without killing anybody.  Anyone got any ideas?

beefmann

i broke out in a  sweat  seeing that ,,,,

slowpoke

Nothing warm about those beauties,dase just down right HOT.What's your plans for them cuties?
If your looking back at the things you missed,You won't know what hit you.

Quarlow

My butt hurts just looking at the picture. LOL
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

ghost9mm

Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

Keymaster

Whatever it is its gonna be good, Nice picture!! Now lets get to Burnin ;D

hybridcx

looking good... for me its rarely ever too hot...

for the hobaneros we use most of ours in a home made salsa chopped fine they heat good but"kind of" tame out.in a 4QT batch we use about 10-15 of them. especially if you pressure cook it we dont as it tends to get a little watery, but  pressure cooking peppers cuts the heat a lot..

muebe

I halved the peppers...

Red Jalapenos

Green Jalapenos

Serranos

And Habaneros  :o

Then into the Bradley for some smoke & dehydrating. Two hours of Hickory with the cabinet temp of 165F and convection fan on...

Dried and then finely ground...

Now I am ready to spice up any meal :)
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

Keymaster

WOW, Nice Job!!! What did you Grind them with ?

muebe

Quote from: Keymaster on March 03, 2012, 11:36:12 AM
WOW, Nice Job!!! What did you Grind them with ?

POS spice grinder from Wally World

OldHickory

Nice job, good work.  If I use much of that ( looks as if you ground the seed too ) , then it's bring on the ice cream. ;)
Bradley DS4 with Auber PID and dual element mod
Char-Broil SRG
Weber kettle with rotisserie
Charmglow 5 burner with rotisserie pgg
Pit Barrel Smoker

We the people own this United States Of America,and the Constitution is our owners manual.

josbocc

Muebe,

Very nice job!  I am extremely jealous, I stopped at my local produce market this afternoon, and believe it or not, they don't get red Jalaps this time of the year in goold old Northern, NY.   >:( >:( >:(

So...., being the enterprising smoker that I am, I took 5 lbs of the green ones off of their hands.  They'll be in the smoker tomorrow.  Quick question, did you mix any of the peppers when grinding, or did you keep the different varieties separate?  Just curious.

Jeff
The Wood Doesn't talk back
DBS6
Cabelas 80l Dehydator
All the Jerky Gadgets!!!

muebe

Quote from: josbocc on March 06, 2012, 05:10:18 PM
Muebe,

Very nice job!  I am extremely jealous, I stopped at my local produce market this afternoon, and believe it or not, they don't get red Jalaps this time of the year in goold old Northern, NY.   >:( >:( >:(

So...., being the enterprising smoker that I am, I took 5 lbs of the green ones off of their hands.  They'll be in the smoker tomorrow.  Quick question, did you mix any of the peppers when grinding, or did you keep the different varieties separate?  Just curious.

Jeff

Jeff I kept them separate so I could have different degrees of heat. But I am debating about mixing them all together for some serious death powder  :o