Enhanced pork loin

Started by SiFumar, March 03, 2012, 03:23:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

La Quinta

May I ask what texture you were looking for with a home smoked "back bacon"? Seriously...I am not being a smart a$$ on this question...

Habanero Smoker

SiFumar;

Thanks for the feed back.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

SiFumar

LQ, I should have said more about the texture...you're right.  It was dry and rubbery. (and in the pic you can see small cracks) I took it to an IT of 140* like I do all my BB.  All others I have made turned out moist...this didn't.  You might have luck with "enhanced" pork, I didn't.  And I just won't bother using it again.  If you have a picture how yours turns out, it would be nice to see a successful one. Thanks!

viper125

When I can I prefer fresh to store bought. Some times wondered about it. But maybe some of it is the fact they are brining with who knows what these days. Looks good,plenty ok to eat. But i'm with you,only if I had no other choice. The shrinking stands to reason since it was blown up with that enhancement. You just dried a lot of the water back out. Good job and thanks for sharing the results.
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

La Quinta

Interesting because I have never had that experience....but I live in California so who knows how enhanced our meat is...everything is against the law out here....