Damn Yankee

Started by Andersen, March 03, 2012, 08:19:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andersen

I relocated to Georgia from New Jersey bout 12 years ago. My first BBQ experience in the ATL was at Dusty's where I learned to love the pork. I had already discovered the joys of brisket while in Oklahoma City at a placed called Crockett's Smokehouse. Growing up in New Jersey BBQ was hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill.  Occasionally the family would boil some ribs and finish on the grill, smothering the last bit of life out of the ribs with bbq sauce.

Two years ago Santa bought me a smoker(electric ECB) for Christmas and I have been hooked since.  This Christmas I received an OBS and am looking for spring to get the smoke following.

As I have been stalking these forums for the past three months I figured it was time to register and contribute.

CA
OBS
ECB
KCBS CBJ

Bearcub6

Welcome to the forum from ND

mikecorn.1

Welcome to the forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

JZ

Welcome to the forum and don't wait for spring - smoking is good all year round.

Wildcat

Welcome to the forum and the south. Can't imagine not experiencing BBQ until later in life! Since you have been in the south for 12 years you should know that grits are a staple here and not used for feeding chickens.  :D You really do not have to wait for warm weather to smoke in the Bradley. We have members on here from Canada and Alaska that smoke all year round. Just keep it out of the wind and rain and all will be fine.

Although I was born in Miami, FL and currently live in the Pensacola, FL area, I spent my High School years in Elberton, GA (about 100 miles Northeast of Atlanta. Since you live in the norther part of GA be sure to taste some good Brunswick Stew. Many places have it, but not all know what they are doing.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Keymaster

Salmonsmoker

Welcome to the forum. There's no need to wait for spring. Jump in now! We like pics. ;D
Give a man a beer and he'll waste a day.
Teach him how to brew and he'll waste a lifetime.

SiFumar

Welcome!  I agree with above...why wait for Spring? (even tho it's in just a couple weeks)  You've been missing out on a few months of great eating!

ghost9mm

Hello and welcome to a really great forum...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

MidKnightRider

Welcome to the madhouse from South Carolina.
Just jump right in no need to wait till spring!
"A Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever."John Adams
The Big Easy
OBS
ProQ Smoke Gererator
Little Chief Front Loader
Chair-Broil Electric Smoker
Thermos Gas Grill
http://www.susanminor.org/forums/index.php
BBQ Evangelist

beefmann

4given

Welcome to the Forum! Lot's of good folks and info here!
Not Perfect but Forgiven
Bradley BTIS1
Green Mountain Grill "Daniel Boone" Pellet Grill
Webber "Q" 100