good eats in Florida

Started by goalieboy29, February 01, 2006, 01:54:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

goalieboy29

Hey Gang,

Hope everyone is doing fine and having a greeat new year!
Since we are still locked in ice here in the frozen North, the wife and I are getting away to Florida. Anyone know of any can't miss BBQ joints in the Port Charlotte/Sarasota/Fort Myers area?

Been way too cold to smoke my own and I gotta git me some real soon...

Thanks for any suggestions brothers and sisters...

goalieboy29

It's the wood that makes it good...
It's the wood that makes it good.

twolone

Goalie Boy,

I do not know any good BBQ Joints in the Ft. Myers area, but please post any reviews here. I am keeping a running database of BBQ nationwide (mainly Texas) and would appreciate any contribution. :)

Also, as someone who has often been to Florida (and who remembers the 2000 election) please remember that some people in Florida are "challenged". Watch out, and try not to stress. I really wish that previous statement was all joke.

Happy BBQ hunting!

Longhorns & Cowboys. BBQ of Champions.

owrstrich

florida...

seafood buffet...

any questions...

owrstrich
i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

goalieboy29

Well, that seems a little bleak. As a Canuck, I guess I figured that all BBQ comes from the South, and since Florida is the MOST South..., well you see where I'm going here.

Anyway, I know for sure that they do have great golf courses, so we are half way to heaven. Now, if only I could find me some pulled pork...

Owrstrich, I hear you on the saefood. Being fish lovers, we're OK with that. But I gotta admit, I have never had ANY fish that tastes as good as ribs... mmmm, ribs...

Thanks for the input fellas.

goalieboy29

Chez Bubba

Dixie Crossroads in Titusville. Definately worth the drive.

Last time I was there, the "Hungry Man 5-Lobster Special" was $30 some.

They've got all-you-can-eat shrimp, cooked any way you like, in the mid-$20 range.

Let me know if you can top 150![:D][:p]

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

Oldman

Remember this... Florida is a<b> <font color="blue">RIGHT SHOOT STATE </font id="blue"></b>now. Don't get into any type of road rage here. Or you might end up being very-very dead.

This is not a joke. I know. I live here.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

gary_CO

On a different note, ther is/was a place in New Orleans that was famous for its BBQ shrimp. It was served in a broth. I don't think the shrimp was actually BBQ'd, but oh God, was that stuff good.

The name of the restaurant was Pascal's Manale, I think. It was not in the french quarters, but close to Loyola University. Anyone else ever go there? I wonder if it's still in operation after Katrina...

Brother Bill

Best BBQ in Ft. Myers area are the RIB CITY GRILLS. Threr are a number of them in SW florida as well as other parts of the US.

Brother Bill

Brother Bill

Best BBQ in Ft. Myers area are the RIB CITY GRILLS. Threr are a number of them in SW florida as well as other parts of the US.

Brother Bill

goalieboy29

Hey Guys,

Just got in from sunny Florida to find your posts. Thanks for the hard work. Brother Bill,as coincidence would have it, (maybe you channeled your mesage via smoke... ooh, scary) we happened to stumble on a Rib City in Venice and man, that was some good eating.

Olds, luckily, nothing but good experiences with the locals but we were pretty careful.

Thanks again guys.

goalieboy29