How long for bacon wrapped pork tenderloins?

Started by chiroken, March 02, 2012, 11:37:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chiroken

Trying to figure out time for 2 1lb pork tenderloins that will be bacon wrapped. Have done it before but didn't write it down. Should be able to keep the temp at 225^ (will be below freezing so at times I get keep it at 225).  Think I'll shoot for IT of 145^. 2hrs of smoke and I'm thinking it'll take 2 hrs to cook?
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

beefmann

chiroken

Temp was fairly close to 230^ most of the time, did initially dip to 212^. Removed from smoker at 146^ IT in 2hrs 20 minutes. The most tender and juicy pork I've ever had. Some may say it needed abit more cooking but I think it was right on the edge. Fabulous flavour, used Maple this time.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.