MOCK SOY VAY VERI VERY TERIYAKI SAUCE Salmon

Started by devo, March 07, 2012, 03:14:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

devo

Did the Kummoks recipe with the MOCK SOY VAY VERI VERY TERIYAKI SAUCE. Think its a winner.

Out of the brine and air drying

After 7 hours @ 130 F* with three hours of hickory. No I don't increase the temps no more and it comes out perfect.

pikeman_95

Look real good Don
So how did it taste. Would you say it is as good as the Soy Vey. I would be very interested if it did. I absolutely like the Soy Vey but it is kind of hard to get in larger containers. I intend to use it in jerky and on lots of fish and my wife uses it in her cooking. How do you think the cost works out??
Kirby

devo

For me Kirby it is way cheaper to make, 1/3 the cost if that. The taste to me id real close. On these fish I couldn't tell the difference. Maybe on something else but not the salmon. 1 gal. jugs to get shipped to me is 78 bucks. You remember the stupid shipping charge for the stuffer well its like that for anything we order from the states.

SiFumar

josbocc

Devo, looks awesome!  Haven't made Kummok's salmon in quite a while.  Have to get my fishing buddies active again.  Makes the fried perch dinner I had tonight look like it came from a can  :-[

Jeff
The Wood Doesn't talk back
DBS6
Cabelas 80l Dehydator
All the Jerky Gadgets!!!

pmmpete

Uh . . . what is "mock" Soy Vey Vari Very Teriyaki Sauce?

Keymaster

I missed this one Don, Damb nice job Mister!!!!

hybridcx

looking good! i looked for this recipe but was unable to find it is it basically just soy veri in a bag? i am wanting to try this method out..