not heating help!!!!

Started by laserdoc, February 26, 2012, 01:23:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laserdoc

I have had this smoker for about 11 months and smoking ribs today I went out to check on everything. It has been on for 2 hours and the temp was only about 100 !!! I turned the temp up all the way and the element is not glowing red like it is suppose to. Has this element already burned out!!!!!. How long is it suppose to last???
If it is dead where and how do I replace it??

Keymaster

Call Bradley in the morning, it should be under warranty. Make sure all your wires are plugged in all the way on the smoke generator and cabinet. There is also a fuse on the back you can check.
You can also go here to troubleshoot some things
http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showthread.php?488-Answers-To-Bradley-Smoker-FAQ-s&p=777#post777

laserdoc

my smoke generator worked as it .burned and advanced my pucks with no problem. With the unit plugged in and the temp slider all the way up the element is cold to the touch. So I figure it is the element. How long do they last any way??
I see they are only 25 bucks. I just looked on amazon where I got it and it will be a year old on 3/7 .
I just registered the warranty on the bradley site. I will call in the AM.
thanks

Keymaster

Its really hard to say how long the element will last. My element has been going for about 2-1/4 years with moderate use. There was a bad batch a while back where they were burning out prematurely but that issue has been resolved. bradley customer service is top notch and they will get you up and running quickly.

mikecorn.1

My element is 3 years old with plenty of hours on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

Toker

If you remove your element, check to see if the serial number ends by 2010 04. If so, it is from the bad batch.

laserdoc

Talked with them yesterday. They have one on the way!
Great customer service!

Pike227

When your element burns out does the power light on the front stay on or go out?

TedEbear

Quote from: Pike227 on March 03, 2012, 05:57:45 AM
When your element burns out does the power light on the front stay on or go out?

The power light will still be on.  Burnt Out Heating Element