Multiple Butts

Started by KAG, March 08, 2012, 10:43:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghost9mm

Just freaking awesome dude, ya done real good partner...attaboy...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

mikecorn.1

Them beans look killer!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

SiFumar

KAG

SO everything went great.  Had plenty of pulled pork and beans for about 100 people, Grandma's 75th birthday party, and everyone loved it. The pork butt that I coated with molasses, produced the best tasting bark by far, so sorry mustard but you have been replaced. ;D

4given

Nice Job! I have to do pulled pork for our family reunion this spring so I think I will start a few days early! ;)
Not Perfect but Forgiven
Bradley BTIS1
Green Mountain Grill "Daniel Boone" Pellet Grill
Webber "Q" 100

Batman of BBQ

Don't want to be the best in the world, just the best in my neighborhood.

1 OBS, Nuff Said

KyNola

Nice going KAG!  I really like the molasses bark.  Next time give this a try.  Trim the fat cap off of the butt.  Trust me, you won't miss it.  The butt will have plenty of fat in it to keep it moist.  Then paint the butt with molasses and add your favorite rub to it.  Smoke/cook as normal.  You will definitely have a very pronounced bark and little to no fat to pick out of the pulled pork.

[email protected]

So im following the posts and the process for the awsome smoke pork butts today, I'm 7 hrs in incl dst loss. two 5lb pieces in obs
Jans rub over molasses, stalled at the 170 degree mark, and been fighting def slider stat all day, this is the 2nd slider r-stat i've replaced.
im looking for a couple finishing/mixing sauces to use after the ftc period....

any thoughts.

really like bradley system, hate the slider.

Harley rider

TedEbear

Quote from: [email protected] on March 11, 2012, 01:38:19 PMany thoughts.

really like bradley system, hate the slider.

Harley rider

Replace it with a PID controller.  A single probe plug-n-play is around $140. The dual probe is $185.  Then there's the single probe version that you install in the SG box for around $45.

Honda 1000RR rider