Auber PID + New OBS?

Started by bostonsmoker, March 12, 2012, 05:00:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bostonsmoker

Anyone use the Auber PID (single or dual)  with the NEW OBS? I'm looking to purchase either the New OBS or the Old OBS and will ultimately get a PID. Seems to be a lot of success with the old OBS, and i want to see if the new is just as successful.
thank you for any information.

GusRobin

I can't speak for the new OBS, but the old one and a PID works great. Depending upon the price of the new one, you probably can get a much better deal buying the old one. Not sure if the improvements on the new are worth the price difference that youcan get old ones for.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

bostonsmoker

GusRobin: thank you. have you seen the new specs (i placed below)? its hard for me to evaluate w/o seeing the old or new. what do you think:

• New Stainless Steel Interior.
    New Rack supports keep racks from tipping over when pulled out.
    Heat control moved to Smoke Generator which will eliminate moisture damage to switch.
    Improved Front Face Plate.
    Improved Electronic components.
    Extra large front feet for added support and stability.
    Generator has removable side panel for ease of cleaning and preventative maintenance.

mikecorn.1

IMHO. If you are planning on adding a bigger/second element (after warranty) and  or getting a PID which will bypass the controls anyway , I would save some $$ and
Get the old obs. :) just 2centa worth. Might be just 1 Pennie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

Toker

I do have this smoker and YES you can plug your pid with it. The fun thing with this smoker, if you plug your tower into the pid, there is nothing to bypass.

And with the new one, no need to be afraid of bad element, cause they've been produced after the bad batch removed unlike the old one. Also if you have to open your smoke generator, i would suggest this one. So easier to open.

This smoker is EXACTELY like the old one excepted for the slider bar now into the smoke generator. And the smoke on the door. It's the same price. So, if you can get it, go for it! I have it and i love it!

bostonsmoker

Thank you. Toker I just ordered the new obs and auber pid. Can't wait.

Toker

Just don't plug your new Original Bradley Smoker 611 smoke generator into a black smoker tower if it still has his circuit board active on his black tower because the 611 has it in the smoke generator and the black has it on the tower, really don't know witch circuit board would take the lead but if you plug it into a pid, you will be fine.

bostonsmoker

Toker: Other than the physical plug connections, are the settings / directions the same using as using the Auber PID + OBS (link below)? Any differences?
Thank you. Get them both tonight!

http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showthread.php?672-Auber-Plug-amp-Play-PIDs-Single-Dual-Probes&p=1045#post1045

Toker

Exactly the same excepted you don't have to push the slider bar under the door because there is no more slider bar under the door ;D My pid is dual probes.

bostonsmoker

the auber PID can control the smoke generator, but it seems complicated and unnecessary. does anyone use the pid for temperature control but NOT the smoke control? is it as simple as just not plugging in the smoke generator into the pid?

devo

Yes just plug the generator into a wall outlet

bostonsmoker

Connecting a new obs, auber dual probe...  The heater plug on the pid is a standard female 3 prong -  that will only fit the generator (with the supplied plugs). And the smoker plug on the pid is a female 3 prong (but a different version) - that seems to only fit the tower plug. Seems backwards! What am I doing wrong? All of the directions on this site /susanminor seem to be for the old obs.  Thx for any help.