Portabliity

Started by wolverines, March 15, 2012, 12:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolverines

Since these smokers don't have wheels. How does everyone move theirs around?  Are they heavy?  When I get it, I am thinking of putting it in my garage but my lawn mower and bikes are in there and I would have to be able to move the smoker around. Pictures would be cool.

Thanks,

BP

KyNola

Not heavy at all.  Easily carried.  Remove the smoke generator and carry the two parts separately to avoid risk of damage.

slowpoke

Like KyNola said,thier not heavy.After 2 heart attacks I can't lift anything heavier than a beer,so my wife carries the Bradley for me LOL
If your looking back at the things you missed,You won't know what hit you.

mikecorn.1

I've carried mine around going on 3 years till today. I finally made a small cart out of scrap wood. Put caster wheels with locks on them.

Not pretty but it works. :) 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

Habanero Smoker

I have mine on a cart I purchased from Sam's. It keeps the smoker at a comfortable height, and the wheels are large enough to push it across a lawn.

Its' similar to this cart:
3 Shelf Cart

It is chrome plated steel, and will rust. I've had mine stored outside for over seven years, it's rusted but still in good shape.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Jim O

I use the same type as Habs,but I had to put the top shelf on "bottom up" as the smoker would'nt fit onto the self if installed the other way.

Works just fine!

Jim O
- smoking
-boating
- motorcycling
- how do I find time to sleep !

wolverines

Thanks for all of the replies.  I'm really liking this forum. Great people!

Thanks again,

BP

Salmonsmoker

Slowpoke, you've got everything figured right.
Give a man a beer and he'll waste a day.
Teach him how to brew and he'll waste a lifetime.

beefmann

i really dont move mine, though i have  used it at a  motel for 7 months before it found its new  home

TedEbear

Quote from: wolverines on March 15, 2012, 12:08:28 PM
Since these smokers don't have wheels. How does everyone move theirs around?  Are they heavy? 

Mine lives in my basement whenever I'm not using it.  Then I just wrap my arms around it and carry it upstairs and set it out on the deck or the covered front porch, depending on if it's raining or not.  As someone else already mentioned, you can carry the SG box separately from the tower for less weight and for less chance of damaging something.

SouthernSmoked

Here are the weights for 4(40lbs) and 6(60 lbs) Rack systems. This includes the detachable smoke generator which itself weighs around 18lbs.

Once you remove the SG your cabinet weight drop to around 20 and 40 respectively.

I hope this helps!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little