My birthday wish list - What's missing?

Started by Austrian_Des, January 24, 2013, 06:04:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BAM1

When you do decide to get a PID I like my dual probe for monitoring meat and temp.  Also, I smoke cheese and Salmon and I don't have a cold smoke set up.  I put an aluminum pan w/ice on rack above SG and it works fine.  Frog mats for sure.  I first bought the Bradley jerky racks and they're hard to clean.  If you have an I-phone or I-pad I'd suggest the I-grill remote thermometer.  It works well, is well built and has some pretty cool functions.
Pork Stars KCBS BBQ Team
Bradley digital 6 rack w/Auber PID/900w mod
Bradley counter top two rack
Traeger Texas model w/Savannah Stoker
2 Weber Performer charcoal grills
Charbroil SRG
Backwoods Fatboy
KCBS CBJ

Waltz

I had never seen the I-grill before, that looks very useful. I have just ordered one. I have the Maverick remote wireless thermometer but am disappointed with the range it has and am fairly sure a bluetooth signal, which the I-grill uses, will have better coverage. Thanks BAM1. Apologies to the moderator or taking this thread off-topic a bit.

Quarlow

Quote from: Waltz on January 26, 2013, 03:01:27 AM
I had never seen the I-grill before, that looks very useful. I have just ordered one. I have the Maverick remote wireless thermometer but am disappointed with the range it has and am fairly sure a bluetooth signal, which the I-grill uses, will have better coverage. Thanks BAM1. Apologies to the moderator or taking this thread off-topic a bit.
Interestingly enough Waltz, there is a mod for your remote thermo  ;D ;D ;D One of the guys has a antenna mod you maybe able to do yourself. Cool to tinker with and seems they had good results. Try a search for it and you should find it or ask and someone will have a link.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Waltz

Thanks Quarlow. I remember seeing the mod instructions and will look them out and give it a go. I use my smoker in the garage which is separate from the house and would like to be able to monitor temps. in the house but the Maverick doesn't reach that far. It is so far from reaching that far that I don't think the mod will help but may be worth a try. No harm in having the I-grill also, which looks to have more functions.

Habanero Smoker

Waltz;

Which Maverick remote do you have?

Here is a link to a mod for the ET-73.

ET-73 Modification

Today the site may be down for a little while. If you can not connect to the site, try a little latter in the day.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

GusRobin

Quote from: Waltz on January 27, 2013, 01:18:39 AM
the Maverick doesn't reach that far. It is so far from reaching that far that I don't think the mod will help but may be worth a try.

I had the Maverick 73 and had poor range. I made the mod and it worked with the transmitter on my back deck and the receiver upstairs on the second floor in the front of the house. In fact it worked a bit better than the ET 732. But I like the feature on the 732 that sounds an alarm if you lose signal.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.