Bradley Problems

Started by a1parrothead, February 06, 2006, 02:50:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

a1parrothead

Hello,
  I am considering buying the Bradley in Stainless, but am concerned about some of the problems I have read about. Escpecially the problems with the feeder and biscuits getting stuck. One of the main reasons I want to get a Bradley is for the auto biscuit feed. Any input? Also, I have been to the BBQ Guru's site and looked at the Raptor. Does it work well? If I get the Raptor what else do I have to buy to make it work with my Bradley?
Thanks in advance,
Jeff

manxman

Hi, welcome to the forum.

Yes, there are some issues with the smoke generator that affect some units, on the plus side Bradley promptly swap out the faulty units for good ones without quibbling.

Perhaps that is the price to be paid for having an affordable unit in the first place.

I had a couple of faulty units before I got one that worked correctly but that does not mean I regret buying it in the first place. Typically once you have got over the initial hurdle of a faulty generator the failure rate drops dramatically.

On balance, would I or most other members of the forum swap their BS for anything else? I would suggest the answer would be NO WAY!!

I have no experience of the raptor, bear in mind there are new BS's coming on the market soon that have a bigger capacity and appear to have a temperature controller built in.

Hope this helps.

Manxman.
Manxman

a1parrothead

manxman,
  Thanks for the reply. Any idea when the new smokers will hit the market?
Thanks, Jeff

gary_CO

If you are interested in the Raptor setup, there is a member here who might soon sell his.

It's mentioned in this thread:
http://www.bradleysmoker.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2971

manxman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Any idea when the new smokers will hit the market?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I think Kirk (Chez Bubba who is a regular on the forum and one of the best BS dealers) said February in an earlier post, there is a link to a picture and description in one of the postings.

Best bet would be to phone BS direct and ask for an update and get some more information.

Manxman.

footnote: latest information on the forum appears to indicate around May 2006.
Manxman

manxman

Manxman

Habanero Smoker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by a1parrothead</i>
<br />Hello,
  I am considering buying the Bradley in Stainless, but am concerned about some of the problems I have read about. Escpecially the problems with the feeder and biscuits getting stuck. One of the main reasons I want to get a Bradley is for the auto biscuit feed. Any input? Also, I have been to the BBQ Guru's site and looked at the Raptor. Does it work well? If I get the Raptor what else do I have to buy to make it work with my Bradley?
Thanks in advance,
Jeff
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Besides the Raptor you will need the Guru. So if you order get the Power Raptor Package; it includes everything that you need. The posting that Gary is referring to was posted by BBQ Bob. He developed and makes the Raptor and the Guru, he was posting that he was auctioning off a rebuilt unit. I have had mine for 17 months, and it works well.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

nodak

Also check out this link for temp control http://www.bradleysmoker.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2968

Many already have a PID but I didn't want to search to scrounge up all the right parts and was a bit intimidated. Here is one place to buy PID, SSR, thermo-coupler than to radio shack for box and terminal bar, oh yeah and an extension cord. Only 6 things in all and nice diagram posted on the forum. Approx $100.00

Looks like at least a couple of us are trying this route, I'm sure in less than a week we'll be posting our results and with bubbagump's and others help we'll look like a genius.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">If I get the Raptor what else do I have to buy to make it work with my Bradley?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
You need the Raptor pkg w/competitor Approx $250.00

PS so far the BS has been good to me with easy smoke.

"If you're not living on the edge, You're taking up way too much room, so get the he-- out of my way."