Funny thing happened on the way home from Nashville

Started by GusRobin, March 17, 2012, 08:15:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GusRobin

Had to go to Nashville today, on the way home the car kind of steered itself to Restaurant Depot. Since I stocked up last week, this time I just bought a couple of butts at $1.29 /lb  and a 15# Angus brisket for $2.69/lb (can always use a brisket). Picked up a case of Ahi Tuna for Schmidty since they were out of it when I went last week. While in the seafood section I picked up a case of lobster tails.

So tonight was surf and turf. First I butterflied the lobsters and broiled them.

defrosted a couple of prime rib eyes I got last week, and added some Santa Maria rub

Added a baked potato cooked on the SRG, sauteed onions and mushrooms and dinner is served.

Gotta love the RD store.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

mikecorn.1

That's what I call a surf and turf!!  Mmmmmmm!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

muebe

Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

hal4uk

Well... Heaven's to Betsy!!!

Dangit, Gus...
If you just give me 100 years to mull this over a bit...
I'm sure I can fine something I don't like about that dish!

No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

Smokin Sparky

You know what I don't like about that Dish?  It is not sitting in front of me!!!

:o    :o    :o   

Blake
Never be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the ark.
Professionals built the Titanic.

sparky1

that looks so good.  not fair seeing this before breakfast.  1st class meal partner.   8)
26.75 OTG
18.5 WSM

Quarlow

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm looks real good.
But this brings me to a small personal opinion about the term "Surf and Turf" I get how they figure it but it don't make sense to me. So lets break it down. It goes "Surf" which is the Lobster. I am ok with this. But then they say "Turf" and that is supposed to be the beef cause cows eat grass hence the "Turf". I say "surf and Turf" should be seafood salad cause "Turf" is grass and lettuce is less of a stretch to become "Turf" than "Turf" being beef. Are you following me on this. If you are, I think we should start a national campaign to have this changed. So who is with me. Crickets chirping, crickets chirping
PS I think I will be very lonely on this campaign, but atleast I got it out there. LOL ???
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

viper125

Well surf Is salt water and turf is grass so that would be more like salty grass then right? Wow Now you got me going! ;)
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

ghost9mm

WOW!!! now if that don't make your mouth water you ain't normal...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

OldHickory

A new good looking grill, Restaurant Depot close by, and wow, you did yourself proud.  Beautiful.
Bradley DS4 with Auber PID and dual element mod
Char-Broil SRG
Weber kettle with rotisserie
Charmglow 5 burner with rotisserie pgg
Pit Barrel Smoker

We the people own this United States Of America,and the Constitution is our owners manual.

SouthernSmoked

Niiiiiice!!!

Great looking surf and turf there Gus.

Gotta love each stop by RD.
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

Quarlow

Quote from: viper125 on March 18, 2012, 11:49:34 AM
Well surf Is salt water and turf is grass so that would be more like salty grass then right? Wow Now you got me going! ;)
;D ;D ;D
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!