Weekend Pork

Started by Bassman, May 28, 2004, 03:02:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassman

As of this posting I have a 7.5 lb pork butt, and 2 racks of Baby Back Ribs in the fridge getting intimate with the rub.I experimented with a new rub recipe.It's actually a combination of 2 from the s&s book with some modifications. If it's good I'll post it.

I'll be smoking tomorrrow morning,[:p] and I'll be sure to post pics.

<i><font color="blue"><b>Jack</i></font id="blue"></b>
Jack

MallardWacker

Bass,

I'm with you on this one.  Bought 2 butts from Sam's lastnight, in the fridge now with the standard rub.  Got my Pecan pucks from Kirk yesturday, never tried Pecan-always favored Maple.  Putting them on about 9:00 tonight. &gt;&gt;220 for about 12-13hrs @ 185&lt;&lt;  Everyone have a safe and fun weekend.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

ChefJeff

MW I like to mix pecan with oak.By itself  I feel it is too mild for pork.Any way Happy holiday & good eating.[:D][:D][8D]

SMOKIN & SPOKEN

Bassman

Ready for the smoker

Ribs are done and taste tested![:p][:p][:p]

Butt will be done in a couple of hrs.

Jack

MallardWacker

It's a beautiful thing.  Nicely done!

You may be correct with oak Jeff, I did enjoy the pecan by itself.  I will  try anything besides hickory.  I know the pit smokers around here temper the hickory with oak.  After trying maple and now pecan, see ya later hickory.  How much smoke do you use??

Also one last thing guys, I would like to thank the guy that put hex[}:)] on the thermometers around here.  Mine bit the big one when I started last night. Room temp @ 132 deg[:(!]

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

Bassman

Here's the Butt,Or I should say, Pulled Pork. 13hrs @200F with Hickory.[:p][:D][8D][^]

Mallard, sorry to hear about your Thermometer. Mine was acting a little goofy half way thru the smoke.It kept fluctuating up and down about 5 degrees real fast. I turned them both off then back on and it worked. I think I need new batteries for mine.

Jack

Oldman

I would like to thank the guy who recommended that thermometer to me!

So a big    on that hex~~!
Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Fuzzybear

Man those turned out great, however, I was wondering if Olds dog, Skyway grabbed some!! LOL - a bone and then shredded meat....!
I got a pre-marinated yard bird thawing out for tomorrow...![:D]

"A mans got to know his limitations"
Glendora, CA - USA!

whitetailfan

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Bassman</i>
<br />I experimented with a new rub recipe. If it's good I'll post it.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Well the pics look top drawer - how was the flavour[?]  Worth giving your new found recipe[;)]

<b><font color="green">whitetailfan</font id="green"></b>
"Nice Rack"
Lethbridge, AB
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.

Bassman

Yes WhiteTail,
The flavor was excellent,here is the rub I used.This rub is not hot, just a little tingle. So if you like it hot increase the cayenne.
Rub ingredients:  3/4 cup paprika,
                  1/4 cup black pepper,
                  1/4 cup kosher salt,
                  1/4 cup turbinado sugar,
                  2 TBLS: garlic powder, onion powder,dry mustard
                           rosemary,oregano
                  1 TBLS: sage
                  1 1/4 TSP: cayenne pepper

Jack