All members....tell me what you want to do!!!!!!!!

Started by Oldman, February 10, 2006, 02:37:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

I'm still timing out and I'm sure there are others that time out  when posting as well. <b>This is our community</b>... what do you all want to do about this?

1. Do you want me to try and call Wade next week and see if he will turn over the boards to us?

2. Do you want me to re-work the recipe site so we can post there and just monitor this site for new members questions?

Frankly I've given up on this site and no longer believe Wade Bradley will direct his IT to fix this problem...

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

ChefBill

Raye,
I'm not having time out problems anymore for some reason. Whole Da*n internet has been slow for a week. There are times my download speed is 1/5th it normal speed, ranging from 232 kbs[:(!] to my norm of 4765+ kbs [:D], same holds true for others that I've talked to.  CB

ChefBill
If you can eat it, you can smoke it.
If you can eat it, Then You can smoke it

Smokin West TX

I haven't posted in a while here.  Ask them to fix it as I did learn a lot when I first purchased my Bradley, thanks!

jhsanchez

It works fine for me.  No problems whatsoever.
Jim

Jim Sanchez - Tucson, AZ

Gordon

new site - or olds site - Wade is really not worried about this site.  Let his sales hit the toilet.

Gordo
Unskyled layber

Gordon

Why can't I edit my own posts?  Cuz it timed out.  

And it is funny that Chez's posted twice.

Gordo
Unskyled layber

SueBn

Raye,
I haven't tried posting for quite awhile now, so I'm not aware of the timing out.  But I do agree with you that this is "our community" and you have been a very involved member which is greatly appreciated. My vote goes with whatever you think is best for the site and "our community".  I am surprised Wade isn't aware of the business this site drives to his products! Go get em' Raye![8D]

Sue
Rescue, CA

Sue

3rensho

Just tried to post and it timed out.  I would hate to lose this forum but it is clear Bradley doesn't give a tinkers dam. I'd like to see it moved to a reliable provider with some IT capability.

Tom

Smokin' in Switzerland
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

BigSmoker

I have been having trouble even reading the posts(I get time-out almost everytime) not to mention the time outs on replys.  I'm in favor of giving them 1 more chance with a definite time period associated with having these issues resolved.  ChefBill must be having a problem cause of his double posts?

Jeff

Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

Bassman

I am constantly timing out. It's getting so annoying I hardly post anymore. I think the best thing is to have them fix it. If they refuse then it's time to move on.

<i><font color="blue"><b>Jack</i></font id="blue"></b>
Jack

IKnowWood

I have had such a hard time lately that I stopped reading.  It got way to frustrating.  Friday is a time that many activity is lower.  So its just lucky why i am here now.  

My vote is move on.  We lost some members due to this issue and Bradley surely already lost some busines.  Atleast let us continue to share and learn, in our own community where we can control this better.

Edit:  And suprise me, my post failed.  but made it, good thing I did not post twice.  I hate it when a bug trains me what not to do (use logic).
IKnowWood
Coming to you from the DelMarVa (US East Coast that is)

Look up Our Time Tested And Proven recipes

Phone Guy

I can't believe there are some people that are not having trouble. I have a time-out issue about 95% of the time. I would be interested in hearing why they are not addressing this issue. They can't be too busy making money to take care of their Customers are they? I have seen other companies too busy for their Customers. I can't remember their names because they're history.

iceman

Olds; as far as I'm concerned this is already your site. If you feel it would be better to move on then so be it. I and many others will be right on your heels to where you decide to go. I have to be honest with everyone in the fact that I don't participate 90 % of the time because of the problems with this forum. There is no better group of people I will ever meet as the ones here and I hate to think I would loose contact with them because of Wade's reluctance to fix the problem. Which ever way you decide to go I support you completely because you have proven many times over that you have us in your best interest. Regards; Patrick.

shortimer

Raye,

I do not have the timeout problem. I find the site is slow to load some of the older pages after a search, and in fact the search mechanism seems pretty slow to come up with results. I am on DSL here in Illinois.
Now last week I did have trouble accessing the Forum site at all, but it seemed to be related to net traffic. When I tried later everything was aok.

I think moving the forum to your recipe site would be a huge PIA for you.

Larry

Somewhere there is a village missing an idiot!

shortimer

Raye,

I do not have the timeout problem. I find the site is slow to load some of the older pages after a search, and in fact the search mechanism seems pretty slow to come up with results. I am on DSL here in Illinois.
Now last week I did have trouble accessing the Forum site at all, but it seemed to be related to net traffic. When I tried later everything was aok.

I think moving the forum to your recipe site would be a huge PIA for you.

Larry

Somewhere there is a village missing an idiot!