All members....tell me what you want to do!!!!!!!!

Started by Oldman, February 10, 2006, 02:37:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wet coast smoke

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Oldman</i>
<br />I'm still timing out and I'm sure there are others that time out  when posting as well. <b>This is our community</b>... what do you all want to do about this?

1. Do you want me to try and call Wade next week and see if he will turn over the boards to us?

2. Do you want me to re-work the recipe site so we can post there and just monitor this site for new members questions?

Frankly I've given up on this site and no longer believe Wade Bradley will direct his IT to fix this problem...

Olds

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

jkingrph

Have not posted nor read forums for  a while.  Have noted some other forums have been extremely slow lately.

jkingrph

Have not posted nor read forums for  a while.  Have noted some other forums have been extremely slow lately.

outtatune

I have not posted in a while, but reading this site is extremely slooooow...

Randy

whitetailfan

Not sure what to do next.  All the key principals are aware of our problems, Bradley Canada, Grakka.  No one seems able to fix and I cannot understand how that can be.

I contribute nowhere else.  I came across this forum back in 2004 when I first bought my smoker for making jerky.  My time here has enlightened me about what I can accomplish with a Bradley smoker.  It would be a down right shame if others could not increase their knowledge through sharing as I have.

That said, I frequent less often now because my spare time is limited and I cannot handle the frustration of re-typing things over and over.  If this problem is not fixable, perhaps its time for Bradley to move on to another web hosting service.  Perhaps the fix is that simple.

In the mean time, I will keep lurking here like Spiderman trying to right the wrong and help those in need.  I do visit Olds Place on occasion and participate in chats when I can.  If a group of people start to post there as well, I'll try and split my time.  Funny thing is if everyone goes there, there will no longer be a need to come here.  That would be too bad.

I sincerely hope that Bradley can fix this one way or another because I would like to keep coming here.  I vote for the lobby Wade Bradley movement to see this place upgraded as first action plan.

<font color="green">whitetailfan</font id="green">
"Nice Rack"
Lethbridge, AB
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.

acords

I really don't post that much.  I do however read new post daily.  I've noticed when I do post, it takes a long time once I hit "post new reply".  I'm always learning something new from this forum, and it would be a shame to leave this behind.  Keep all of us informed as to what you decide Raye.

Grab me another Stout
Grab me another stout, or scotch, or martini, or........
http://www.yardandpool.com - for all your Bradley needs!
http://www.geocities.com/schleswignapa/ -for all your Bradley needs!

jb9

It's my experience that forums who have administrators who are also active participants are the best, most friendly places. Problems get solved. People step up to help when the admins need help, etc.

I've always found the search function here to be unbelieveably slow. It also seems that when I do a search, the rest of the site hangs and I can't do anything for that minute or however long it takes to do the search. I'm a member of a forum that must have 100 times the activity and 1000 times the total messages posted, but searches there come back immediately. I really don't understand how this site could be so slow.

I'm all for having someone new run forums.

ChefBill

Now it's dragging azz for me to. Sometimes it just pops in there and the next page may time out. ALSO, seeing a few double posts too. May have bad trunk feeding the server. A lot of servers use "T" carriers leased from AT&T and it may be their trouble because I've seen other forums having some slow response times too. Who knows. <font color="red">Need for the server to post a response to the forum members.</font id="red"> Better for us to know than not know what to do.[?]

ChefBill
If you can eat it, you can smoke it.
If you can eat it, Then You can smoke it

JerkyAddict

Even though I've been here for 8 months,and never posted, I do think this. Playing devils advocate, I did not even know about this site till after buying the BS. I do understand that Bradley's business does come from sales of their units. Do most of those sales come because of things said here, or are there outside factors that influence the sales. Since buying mine from Bass Pro, I have not bought from them. I ordered my biscuits from Chez when I needed them and have had no need for Bradley themselves since. (knocking on wood that mine will keep working). With the lack of my posts, I still consider this to be my (all of ours) forum. If we have to move on,then thats what I think we should do. From checking here daily, Olds don't overextend yourself and your talents if you don't have all the time in the world to fit all your interests in. I do appreciate what you and the rest of the regulars have done to help me and my smoking endeavors out. I think the community would follow you though.
   To quote a line from a movie that was'nt that impressive to me
   "If you build it, we will come"
      Ken

nsxbill

I was definitely having a time out problem.  I would enjoy better access.  I would enjoy better search capability.  I would appreciate you taking it over, but wonder if he would let it go.  Give it a try Olds.  He can balk and nothing will change, or he will let you take it over and off the problem.  When the company was new, we got an annual newsletter, recipes, etc.  Now that it is up and going, like many companies, the things that made him successful are forgotten. It is too bad, and I know frustrating.  It is however a fact of life.  My hope is that he will agree to let you take it over.

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

Thunder Fish

I think move it and monitor this one, enough is enough.If Mr Bradley can care less about the dollars this forum generates for his company,well screw him.

MrJim

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Oldman</i>
<br />I'm still timing out and I'm sure there are others that time out  when posting as well. <b>This is our community</b>... what do you all want to do about this?

1. Do you want me to try and call Wade next week and see if he will turn over the boards to us?

2. Do you want me to re-work the recipe site so we can post there and just monitor this site for new members questions?

Frankly I've given up on this site and no longer believe Wade Bradley will direct his IT to fix this problem...

Olds

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Jim

" We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."

TexasBBQ

I know I've had a lot of problems over the last couple of weeks with this forum timing out. I can honestly say that finding this group and reading the various posts was the ONLY reason I decided to buy my BS.
I had seen them offered elsewhere but had almost completely wrote-off the idea of getting one until I found this place.

I know I'm not the only person who searches for information about a product before buying. I can also say that if I had experienced the time-out issue when I first joined the forum I would never have stayed around to read the posts and certainly would not have purchased my new BS.

Let them lose new business for awhile and they will figure it out....hopefully. In the meantime I'm all for moving to another server. It's not like anyone at Bradley has evered offered any help or suggestions on this forum anyway.... that I've ever seen anyway. It's been you guys and I'll be right behind ya wherever you go. [;)]

Ya Gotta love good BBQ

edit:  Timed out on this reply as well LOL

GrillinFool

I had a really bad problem with my company web site timing out and we had a really tough time getting the host company to fix the problem. After a couple weeks they found the problem and it was fixed for good. We had to complein like crazy. But for some strange reason the timing coincides with this forum doing the same thing. I guess my angle would be to have it fixed and keep what we have.

But, for the record I dropped that host and now have a full dedicated server for my company. I know this doesnt help, and I wish I had the time to help this situation out more.

The Grillin Fool

Muskwa

Last weekend I couldn't get in at all. It's a shame as this forum is the reason I bought the BS.

Olds, my two cents would be another attempt with Wade, call me the eternal optimist. Perhaps a deadline would produce a response?

You should also know that the time and effort you put in here (and at Old's Place) is definitely appreciated! Thanks!

Muskwa