All members....tell me what you want to do!!!!!!!!

Started by Oldman, February 10, 2006, 02:37:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wbaird7

Because of this forum I bought a Bradley. I was going to buy a gas smkoer until I started reading this forum. And I have been telling everybody that will listen about the virtues of the Bradley and how easy it is to use. I think I'll keep my opinion to myself after this until the fourms are fixed.

Olds, A new site would be nice but are you prepared for the cost? You know if there is one little hickup folks will be pestering.

Regards Bill [:)]

owrstrich

this forum must be an afterthought to the folks at bradley...

i dont know anybody who makes a purchase of an household appliance like the bradley without interneting the pros and cons first...

the better the manufactures website and the better the owners forum threads the more im influenced when making a buying decision...

more later...

owrstrich

i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

shrew

Olds;
I haven't had much time to get on as this is my busy time of the year; but when I do have time I find it very helpful. Along with everyone that I have talked with. I am with the other replys; I think that we or you should take it over and run it as you see fit, I will be right behind you.
Lee[:D]

GrillinFool

I am looking around and I see a common theme in so many posts throughout the forum. "I have been lurking for a while and I finally decided to buy a Bradley"

I know I bought mine in part because of this great forum. I am certain that many probably hundreds of Bradleys have been sold because of this forum.

The Grillin Fool

bubbagump

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by owrstrich</i>
<br />this forum must be an afterthought to the folks at bradley...

i dont know anybody who makes a purchase of an household appliance like the bradley without interneting the pros and cons first...

the better the manufactures website and the better the owners forum threads the more im influenced when making a buying decision...

more later...

owrstrich

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Well said Owrstrich. That is exactly why I bought mine. The support here is tremendous, when you can get to it. If the issue we are having now would have been going on when I was researching smokers to buy, you can bet I would have passed on the BS.

With that said, since Mr. Bradley mentioned during your last conversation with him that he would have his IT people look into the problem, I think a follow call to him is needed. He needs to know that the problem still exist's and that us Bradley owners want immediate resolution to this problem. If he can't or does not want to act on it then ask him to turn it over to us.

Thanks Olds for all you do. [:)]

Bubbagump

nodak

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">WOW, I'm at least connected, rest problems still exist. I am willing to be the first to contribute to a pot for Olds to start a forum on his site. They just don't care at Bradley. I've sent them emails last 2 days and last one they didn't even reply to. They could post an apology/updates/etc on the forum to keep us informed.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I posted this earlier on the "next letter to Wade Bradley" topic.  I've asked them 3 times to post on the forum to update us.  STILL NOTHING!!!!!

If I was more competent I would stop coming here, But you guys are just to darn knowledgeable.  Hate to put you out Olds but looks like if we want keep having this exchange, we may need to jump ship whether it's to your site or another forum.  Luckily my job and ND winters allows me More time in the winter as if it were summer I would have to put the smoker in storage as frustrating/time consuming as this forum is.

Still think with all the talent here we could build a better mouse trap(smoker), and give them some competition.  I know guys are working on pucks, who's up to building a more reliable smoke generator.

"If you're not living on the edge, You're taking up way too much room, so get the he-- out of my way."

[:0][:0]OH SH-- it posted w/o timing out.[:0]

Also  the other I night I went into the chatroom when I was having trouble here hoping someone else would go there to chat if they couldn't get a post done here.

nodak

I take back it worked!! Next post didn't work and I double posted so I went to trash one and it said I wasn't authorized[}:)], but when I went back it did delete[:(!]!!----!!!!!----!!!!!!!----!!!!

"If you're not living on the edge, You're taking up way too much room, so get the he-- out of my way."

Oldman

Well I've read every post here...

Several points have been made here today and in the 30 plus E-mails (which I read) I received today concerning this matter. I will address some of them here.

<b>1. What happens to the site in the event of my death?</b>

This is a good question. What most here do not know is this has be talk about this with what I call the core group in the past. There will be a group of members who are empowered to continue a site beyond my death. The site will be a members' owned site. Just as the recipe site is not owned by me or Wade Bradley it is OUR site. We own it. What we add there is time tested and proven. It belongs to us.

<b>2. Are you Old's taking too much on?</b>
Another good question.  If there is anything I would hope you all have figured out about me is I direct things... Ya somethings I do things myself because I wanted to. i.e. the download of the entire recipe site to you desktop.  However, I have professional people in my employ. I tell them I want this done by morning and it is done. Why? Because I'm the best employer they have ever seen.

I have a Professional IT manager who get a check every month from me on retainer. When I direct Trey to do something it gets done... So adding this to my work load... well for me it is a phone call... As far as Admin goes there are about 6 members here who would be empowered to handle problems...

<b>3. Can I help $$$.</b>
Another great question... Yes you can help with the $$$ when I'm dead. Until then sit back and enjoy the ride. This is chump change for me. I spend more on the newest Video card in a year then most spend on an entire system...  Don't worry about the $$$ until I'm dead... then you can help with the $$$. There will be a cord group of folks to over look and over see that the site will continue... I would think that they will also pass this down to other members as their time comes closer.

I love this community which I see the same in so many postings by other members.

It was not too long ago we lost a great member due to E-mails from someone here.  He had no one to go to... No one here could or would stop or ban the the person who was offending him.  He is gone.. A Big Big Big loss to us all.

I will call him next week and see if I cannot get him back on the boards... But don't hold your breath folks. I think I can talk him into trying out a site we run... However, I don't see him coming back here after those E-mails. Especially with no one to stop them... Am I upset about that? You are cotton pickin' right I am. That member and I go back aways.

I don't see our "Mr. Welcome To The Forums" any longer...that use to be JJC. I don't see nsxbill posting much... I don't see Chez posting... I don't see many of us who a year ago standing together working together trying to help folks here any longer.

Maybe to some folks this is not important... It is important to me. That is why I set up a recipe site that so many of us worked so hard to create. That is why we have not only chat room but a voice chat as well... Are you as part of this community important to me and others like me ... you betcha you are.

Enough said... I will make my decision what I'm going to do next week.

Till then smoke on and make your food happy. [:D]

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Kummok

At the risk of starting this thread off in a totally different direction, I'll just say that I haven't been on-forum that much of late and when I have, I haven't experienced timeouts.....

(now here's the risky part)
What more can I say......   Know PC? No Peace! / Know Mac, Know Peace!! [;)][:D]

35 years of extinguishing smoking stuff and now I'm wondering WHY!
Kummok @ Homer, AK USA

manxman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">When the company was new, we got an annual newsletter, recipes, etc. Now that it is up and going, like many companies, the things that made him successful are forgotten. It is too bad, and I know frustrating. It is however a fact of life.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Many members, owstrich, whitetailfan and others have posted very pertinent and valid comments here but for me perhaps the most telling is one from nxsbill above.

I am a "johnny come lately" to the world of BS but it is quite clear that they do not give a XXXX (insert your choice of 4 letter expletive here!)about the forum and it's members.

On balance the forum is a very positive supporter of BS, have probably contributed directly to selling many hundreds of smokers and quite frankly it deserves better.

Conversely, whilst it has highlighted problems with the BS, the forum has whittled out some (ex) members moaning and causing trouble for troubles sake and identified very real and valid core complaints related to the BS and made people realise they are not alone with their problems.

The one reply we did get via Olds from Wade Bradley has proved to be empty words. Forum not fixed, no information for members on new products etc etc.

So whilst I was one of those who suggested hanging on for 2-3 months to see what happened I am rapidly coming round to Olds idea.

One other idea is to construct a standard email to Wade Bradley outlining our concerns along with Mr Bradley's email address, post it here on the forum and encourage every member and his dog to innundate him with emails outlining their frustration. Those that want to do there own emails would be welcome to but a quick cut and paste would make it easy for those whose are pressed for time.

I am only a member of one forum and that forum is much too good to lose!

And Olds...... it's a good incentive to hang around on this planet for another 25 years![;)]

Manxman.
Manxman

Cuckoo

I haven't posted for ages as I was diagnosed with leukaemia and I've been really tied up with chemotherapy and feeling rotten.  I'm really cross as I only got to use my smoker once before becoming too ill to bother.  Anyway feeling loads better now and I plan to smoke something in a week or two.

The reason for writing so much above was to see whether I timed out.  I haven't but I'm happy to go with whatever you decide Olds.  You provide so much information and I am such a novice that I'll follow you wherever you go!

Clare

manxman

Welcome (back) to the forum Cuckoo, I work in a Haematology Department so only too aware of leukaemia. Glad you seem to have turned a corner, good luck with both that and the smokin!!

Don't be a stranger on the forum, not enough people from this side of the pond! Take good care.

Manxman.
Manxman

tsquared

Raye--I haven't been posting as much for a few different reasons, one of them being the slowness of the board.I totally agree with your statements re the community here--it has helped me pull through some tough times over the past 1 1/2 years, and I feel I've made some good freinds here.I'd say try again with Bradley to try and get a fix on this board, we might lose too many people in the transition. (Yet I know we are losing too many now out of frustration)However, if the consensus is to go the other route, I will be there with you.
Cuckoo- <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I haven't posted for ages as I was diagnosed with leukaemia and I've been really tied up with chemotherapy and feeling rotten. I'm really cross as I only got to use my smoker once before becoming too ill to bother. Anyway feeling loads better now and I plan to smoke something in a week or two.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">  There are people here(or their partners) who have gone through what you and your family are experiencing. I'm glad to hear you are on the upswing from chemo. After watching my wife go through it last year, I know something of the road you have just travelled. Good luck and keep smoking!
T2

ChefBill

Still not sure whose got the problem. Not defending anybody BUT I noticed "Cabela's" web site is basically on it's butt too. They know where their problem is, It belongs to AT&T.
I'm going to be here regardless of who has "OUR" forum. <u>Raye</u>, More power to you if you decide to take on this forum. You got my support 100% along with everybody else. We just need a reliable server and a knowledgible IT to handle it.
The thing I don't like is being in the dark, Somebody in the know should at least keep us posted as to what's being done to solve the problem.[:(!]

Main problem I'm having with the forum now is it times out when you post a reply and then comes back with all new posts as being read. This may be a glitch in the "Snitz" program..  CB

ChefBill
If you can eat it, you can smoke it.
If you can eat it, Then You can smoke it

Oldman

I've made a change in the layout of the recipe site. I have not yet added posting boards, but it is now set up so I could and keep it all neat and clean looking.

I will call someone tomarrow and just see what the heck is going now.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!!