how to vent

Started by wph, March 31, 2012, 07:00:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wph

I live in Minnesota and got my first Bradley original smoker last year. So far I love it and I have smoked several pork items with reasonable success. My question is this. Is it possible to "vent" the smoke from the top vent out with some type of device that would allow me to keep the smoker in my garage in the winter months so I could use it year round? Thanks for the help and I would really appreciate anyone advice.

beefmann

yes you  can, you can run steel type duct from the smoker  out the wall or  roof with a vent cap to prevent rain and snow coming into the smoker, Others have used a powered stove top vent with built in light and  fan and  exhausted  the vent out and placed the smoker under it

hope this helps

Salmonsmoker

You can also use flexible metal ducting as in the Bradleycold smoker adapter. It's available @ HD, Lowes, etc. A fan isn't usually needed if vented higher than the smoker. Convection takes care of that. One member connects the flex pipe to an ABS toilet flange and just rests it on top of the vent. That way you can still control the vent if needed.
Give a man a beer and he'll waste a day.
Teach him how to brew and he'll waste a lifetime.

mikecorn.1

There are threads here with pics of members vent systems. Use the search feature and see if if can locate some. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

wph

thanks for all the help