Questions

Started by nilesirish17, June 03, 2004, 04:29:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nilesirish17

I purchased a Bradley last Saturday from Bubba (actually Bubba's wife as he was at the 500) and have a couple of questions.I did successfully smoke some ribs for Sunday!
1. The temperature control slider doesn't seem to activate the heater tube or light the power on light until it is slid halfway or more to the right, this happens at ambient temperatures of 65-70. Is this normal? It seems to limit the control range to half or less.
2. The maximum temperature I can acheive so far is about 200, this is also at an ambient of about 65-70. Is this normal?

I'm just getting started so any help will be graetly appreciated.

Tim

Bassman

Welcome to the forum Tim, and congratulations on your purchase, you went to the right source. Maybe Kirk can answer your questions better but here is what I have noticed.
When the temperature control slider is all the way to the left the light will be off,the further right you move it the brighter it should get. You might want to put your hand over top of the light to block out any other light and move the slider a little ways just to make sure.

About the max temp, was it windy? was the smoker full? Did it climb quickly to 200F and stop there? If none of these apply both problems could be related and it could be a faulty temp control.In which case you would need to call Bradley customer service and they will send you a new one in a matter of days. Mine got moisture in it and they replaced it no questions asked.

Hope this helps[:)]

<i><font color="blue"><b>Jack</i></font id="blue"></b>
Jack

Chez Bubba

Tim,

First thing I want to know is how can you have "0 posts" when I'm answering your post?[:D]

The light tube at high will only glow orange and in my experience it's really hard to see during the day on anything under halfway. If the power on light is wired into the same line, it would stand to reason that it too would get brighter as you slid the temp knob to the right. It's not very bright to start with, sometimes I have trouble telling if it's on during the day, even on high.

Regarding max temp, a lot of things can affect it. The simplest way you can test it is to fire it up empty, without bisquettes, inside a ventilated but enclosed area. Monitor it closely & you should be able to push 300F. It might even go higher, but I shut mine down at that.

I'm glad you decided to join the board, that's what we're all here for. Answer questions, share experiences, spread the passion.

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

devosmoker

Chez,
I think there might be a small glich in the board as I show 1 post when I have 2 [xx(] this being the 3rd

While I'm here just wondering how long it in your experiance does it take for stuff orderd from u to show up here in Canada (I ordered your buba pucks)

I know a man who gave up smoking, drinking, and rich food. He was healthy right up to the time he killed himself.

Chez Bubba

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by devosmoker</i>
<br />Chez,
I think there might be a small glich in the board as I show 1 post when I have 2 [xx(] this being the 3rd

While I'm here just wondering how long it in your experiance does it take for stuff orderd from u to show up here in Canada (I ordered your buba pucks)

I know a man who gave up smoking, drinking, and rich food. He was healthy right up to the time he killed himself.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Hmmmm, must be a thing with the English Connection.

We sent them out Wednesday, I can't imagine it would take more than a week to get to you. (Unless you live where I go fishin'!)[:D]

BTW, LOVE your sig line![;)]

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

Oldman

nilesirish17

The only thing I can add is to try as Chez said but with vent closed.
Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!!