Stealhead

Started by BrandNewSmoker, April 04, 2012, 06:59:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrandNewSmoker

Hello Everyone,
    OK i was given about 10 fillets,i was thinking about smoking them ( what else would you do with them when you have a brand new Smoker), but i have no idea of rubs,marinades,or flavor of smoke, or smoke time and temp.
    any suggestions appreciated..
BTW broke my smoker in on 2 chicken, man they were good, took pics but they sucked so i will try again this time
   thanks

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice. Pull down your pants, and slide on the ice.

JZ

Welcome aboard and here is a link to a time tested and very good salmon smoking recipe. I like it very much!!!!

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=107.0 Good luck.

Habanero Smoker

Hi BrandNewSmoker;

Welcome to the forum.

You can also use any recipe you have used to grill or bake your trout and convert it for use in the Bradley; though you will have to adjust the cooking time since you will be cooking at lower temperatures. For example, yesterday I prepare red snapper with a jerk like marinade, placed it in the Bradley for 40 minutes of smoke, then finished it on the propane grill, but I could have fully smoked/cooked it in the smoker.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

BrandNewSmoker

well fish are in smoker, i started with Kummok's recipe but kinda tweaked it as i went, mainly because his recipe is way more then i needed at the time. Also i wanted to try a few different things since i had a few pieces of fish.
                         I did a tray and a half brined, then a tray with apple wood rub, and then a tray with maple smokehouse rub, in cherry smoke. 
                         so hopefully it turns out well,if not at the very least i will know what not to do next time...lol.. ;D

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice. Pull down your pants, and slide on the ice.

BrandNewSmoker

Kummok's recipe turned out great everyone loved it, the rubs well they were good,but, way to much rub for something like fish.

Keymaster

Thats a awesome brine, never heard any complaints just praise!

BrandNewSmoker

no kidding, i have had at least 3 people who have been doing fish for a long time ask me for "my recipe"  lol like newbie me has a secret way...lol  ;D

Smokeville

Quote from: BrandNewSmoker on April 13, 2012, 01:45:51 PM
no kidding, i have had at least 3 people who have been doing fish for a long time ask me for "my recipe"  lol like newbie me has a secret way...lol  ;D

Well, you do have a secret way, at least to them. That's what this forum is all about -- sharing our successes. And, on that rare occasion, our failures. (Like the time I used cranberries in a brine for a turkey. A pink turkey is not "good lookin'). Tell them they should all buy a Bradley.

Rich