6 Rack Bradley Digital Smoker

Started by DarrellS, February 13, 2006, 06:50:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarrellS

Hi,

Has anyone heard when the new 6 rack digital smoker is going to be available? Also what the proce range will be.

Thanks
Darrell

DarrellS

Just got this from Bradley

The new smokers will be out approximately May 2006. The 4 Rack Digital will be about $479.00 and the 6 Rack Digital will be about $579.00.

SMOKEHOUSE ROB

DarrellS welcome to the forum and thanks for the news [8D]

nodak

What kind of controller are they using and what are the specs on the temp swings.  Welcome aboard DarrellS, stay tune for the news about olds site adding a forum that we are all excited about.

Thanks,
Mike

"If you're not living on the edge, You're taking up way too much room, so get the he-- out of my way."

Ribman

Smoker is digital you can control how long you want to smoke for. And at what temp and how long of cook time

bubbagump

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by DarrellS</i>
<br />Just got this from Bradley

The new smokers will be out approximately May 2006. The 4 Rack Digital will be about $479.00 and the 6 Rack Digital will be about $579.00.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I wonder if they are offering these in SS too.

Bubbagump

Smokie

This is what the new digitals look like

I hope i did this correct and the image is not to big

rgardjr

Anyone else a little suprised that Bradley didn't up the wattage on the heating element for the larger smoker?  I don't know that you could really load this up with out more heat-would be good for jerky I guess.  I'm guessing that unless something has be added to circulate air from the top to bottom there will be an even bigger temperature variation between the top and bottom racks than we see with the current 4 rack smokers.  Any thoughts out there?

iceman

Good point. If that is the same size element in the six rack you might have a hard time keeping the heat cranked up with a full load . :- Chez might have to get busy and start manufacturing an after market heat element add on. ;D\
Quote from: rgardjr on April 10, 2006, 04:10:10 PM
Anyone else a little suprised that Bradley didn't up the wattage on the heating element for the larger smoker?  I don't know that you could really load this up with out more heat-would be good for jerky I guess.  I'm guessing that unless something has be added to circulate air from the top to bottom there will be an even bigger temperature variation between the top and bottom racks than we see with the current 4 rack smokers.  Any thoughts out there?

Chez Bubba

http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

icerat4

My new 6 racker bs will be at my house on monday.Wow Thanks chez bubba for the great service on shipping this new bradley out so quick ;D.All who are looking to buy this new digital bradley.SEE CHEZBUBBA WEB PAGE.His service is second to none and ya get some puck free too and a life time discount on all future pucks. ;D

Oldman

QuoteGood point. If that is the same size element in the six rack you might have a hard time keeping the heat cranked up with a full load .
If you live where I do or an area like mine then the element will be large enough.  Now up there where many of you live I don't know.

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

icerat4

I also dont think in illinois i am going to any problems.Will see soon

psdubl07

Quote from: Oldman on April 15, 2006, 03:51:24 PM
QuoteGood point. If that is the same size element in the six rack you might have a hard time keeping the heat cranked up with a full load .
If you live where I do or an area like mine then the element will be large enough.  Now up there where many of you live I don't know.

I love my Bradley, but the biggest drawback to me is the difference in temp from the rear of the bottom rack, to the front of the top rack.  When I'm doing salmon, I won't even do more than 3 racks at a time because there is too big of a difference.  The only way to compensate for it (excluding aftermarket add-ons such as fans) is rack rotation, which causes lost smoke, lost heat etc... so it's not really a problem with the element per se, at least not in the heat it puts out.

I'm curious as rgardjr is as to what people think, or better yet what users of the new 6-rack smoker are experiencing, with temp differences from top to bottom.

icerat4

I havint done the top to bottom temps sorry. But it is nice LOTS OF ROOM ;D.