6 Rack Bradley Digital Smoker

Started by DarrellS, February 13, 2006, 06:50:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OmegaMan

Hello, I'm new to this forum.  Thanks for all the great input I have gathered while lurking these last few weeks.  I just purchased the 6 rack digital model from Bubba and his lovely wife after doing quite a bit of research.  I have smoked from several years starting with a Brinkman vertical propane and then moving to a Oaklahoma Joe firebox model for the last two years. 

I should receive my BDS friday and if you want me to do some various temp tests, I'd be happy to do so hopefully this weekend. 

Thanks for the great site.

Pat

icerat4

Welcome here Omegaman take a look at mine in the post above ya.I too bought mine from kirk.Yes please do a test also lots of guys here want to know whats up.Lots of room in this bad boy so load it up.I like mine very much.Have a great time smoking and keep us informed.

iceman

Welcome aboard OmegaMan;
You'll be glad you delt with Chez. He's top notch and up front all the time. Let us know the out come of your first tries with the smoker. I'm positive you'll be having a lot of fun with it.

Oldman

Welcome aboard OmegaMan~~! We are glad you joined us.
QuoteI should receive my BDS friday and if you want me to do some various temp tests, I'd be happy to do so hopefully this weekend.
Please do as I'm very interested in any temp swings towards the end of your smokin' / cookin' period.

One item you might not have picked up on yet.  Most here never hot smoke longer than 4 hours/ 12 pucks.

Looking forward to your results. Thanks for offering!
Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

icerat4

YUP 4-5 hours of smoke only. Tops 5 that would only be on a bigger piece of flesh.

Oldman

QuoteYUP 4-5 hours of smoke only. Tops 5 that would only be on a bigger piece of flesh.
You are saying that the all of the 8 pound was completely cook at this point?

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

icerat4

No olds i am agreeing with you on the smoke times.i only do 4-5 hours

srichard18

Hello All!
I've been eyeing the 6-rack model since it came out.  Presently, I hot smoke with a great little CookShack Smokette model.  Does really great for hot smoking but I've been waiting for a model that can smoke with lower temperatures.  Originally born and raised in Louisiana, I grew up with the smoked pork sausage.  Now living in Reno NV, I've been craving it.  Unfortunately, shipping is nealy twice as much as the cost of the sausage.

So, being a Cajun, I figured that I'll just make my own.  Well, hot smoking is not the way to go when smoking sausage (Found out the hard way)  The Bradley original model looks to do the job, but the spacious 6-rack is very appealing for hanging sausage.  And since I am an electronic gadget geek, the digital aspect of the model is also appealing.

Now, I'm reading about problems with temp swings, time-outs, etc.  Does anyone know if Bradley is looking to modify or fix (if needed) the digital models?  I guess I could write Bradley myself, but before I do, just wanted to see what everyone else has heard, experienced, etc.  I do realize that not many people have the digital models but hopefully Bradley can shed some light on any issues.

Thank you all for the wealth of information presented on this forum  :)

Steve

Oldman

I would contact ChezBubba. He is a member of this forum and a dealer. He has a new 6 rack unit. A more honest person to find than him will be hard to do.
Olds