Hi from southern Sweden

Started by ahaohio, April 06, 2012, 01:27:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ahaohio

I used the large (6 rack) digital Bradley today for the first time.

I had enough cured pork sides to fill all racks but one.

I had the smoke going for 4 ½ hours and the heat one hour longer at 75 degrees celsius. Have not tasted it yet but it all looks and smells fantastic.

Due to the weather conditions her I have placed the smoker on a converted wheel-barrow so that I can easily move it inside the wood-shed if it starts raining.

I have a couple of questions:

1/ How do you best go about cleaning the smoker between sessions? I run all the loose bits in the dish-washer but what do you use on the interior of the smoker? Just hot water and elbow grease or other stuff?

2/ One thing that we will smoke in quantities will be lamb sausage. Right now I have got the "special blend" bisquettes. Will these be good for flavoring sausages?

Cheers!

Ake

mikecorn.1

Welcome aboard.

DON'T TOUCH THE INSIDE OF THE SMOKER ;D.
Clean the racks, water bowl and V tray.
You want to build up the black goodness in it. Later on if it starts to peel off you can gently brush it off with a wadded up paper or gently blow it off. Also, make sure that the end of the burn plate where the bisquettes are burned, is clean of gunk. A small putty knife or wire brush is what I use.
Use whatever wood you like. Experiment. I like pecan or mesquite mostly. Apple for poultry. I have also used maple. Good luck. :)
Click on this Recipes and FAQ's

FAQ's

First link is the main page with recipes. The second link is the frequently asked questions within the main site. There is lots of good info. Look thru it all when you can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

Keymaster

Welcome Aboard Ake !! Mike has you covered :)

3rensho

Hej Ake and welcome to the forum.
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

rosecustom

Hejsan Ake!!   Welcome to the forum.  I too am new here.    I've found the folks here to be extremely nice, helpful and supportive.  The amount of info found here is practically infinate.  Good luck with the lamb and let us know how you make out.
regards,
Jeff.

GusRobin

welcome - good to have another 'Southerner"  on the forum.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

ghost9mm

Hello and welcome to a really great forum...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

beefmann

welcome aboard,

as for cleaning the inside of the  smoker, you only want to remove the excess flakes and oily build up, leave the rest alone

slowpoke

Wecome,Ake,Mike said it all.If your happily married get your wife to do the clean up,I do.lol
If your looking back at the things you missed,You won't know what hit you.

Salmonsmoker

Welcome Ake. Glad to have you aboard.
Give a man a beer and he'll waste a day.
Teach him how to brew and he'll waste a lifetime.

muebe

Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

CRASHNBURN

Love that smoke!

OBS smoker with Auber

Smoker John

Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

SouthernSmoked

Welcome to the forum...Enjoy!

http://www.susanminor.org

Remember we like pic's!!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team