Bradley Bisquettes in Gas/Charcoal grill?

Started by TonyL222, April 10, 2012, 05:37:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonyL222

Has anyone used the Bradley Bisquettes on a charcoal or gas grill (I know some  has)?  What techniques do you use?  On charcoal, do you soak them first.  On a gas grill do you just put them in the wood chip box.  What has been your experience with this and how did it turn out?

Thanks

Ka Honu

Never cook with wet wood!  Oh, sorry, was I yelling?

You can use bisquettes to enhance your grilling experience in the same way you would use chips.  People put them in a tuna can, foil pouch or other container or just toss them on the grates but the choice is yours.

mikecorn.1

If you get the Bradley bisquettes wet, the will fall apart into all the pieces they are made of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

Wildcat

I have tried it in the charcoal grill without success. My grill can also be used as a hard wood grill and I have gotten much better results with charcoal and small hard wood logs.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Keymaster

I have used them a couple times in my Primo oval and once I put them on the lump coal and I think they fired to quickly ad produced no smoke. the second time I put them under the Fire bowl thru the Air intake and I had a noticeable smoky flavor on what I was cooking. I agree a fist size chunk  of hardwood works very well with lump coal for myself.

I put it in the metal slide door where it smoldered nicely

Habanero Smoker

I've never used the bisquettes, but I have a habit of saving all the saw dust that is left in the package after. You will be surprise as to how fast that build up. I have an iron smoke box, place the saw dust in the box and place it on the grill grates of my propane grill.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

TonyL222

I wonder if putting them in one of those metal wood chip boxes - insteas of directly on the embers - would work better?  That would seem analigous to being on the SG burner to me.  I may give that a try.

muebe

Quote from: TonyL222 on April 12, 2012, 05:09:14 AM
I wonder if putting them in one of those metal wood chip boxes - insteas of directly on the embers - would work better?  That would seem analigous to being on the SG burner to me.  I may give that a try.

Try using a tuna can with a bisquette in it on the grill...
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

TMB

I have used them in my infrared cookers they work really good.   I just lay them in the chamber near the sides and they get going.  I get a good amount of smoke from them, problem is cost vs pellets.  Pellets are cheaper to use then the pucks
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!