Anybody in South Florida or NY been here? Western Beef

Started by carnie1, January 15, 2012, 09:18:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

carnie1

Just got to South Florida and found a new store in town, http://westernbeef.com/Click on the meat Dept, its awsome

Was there yesterday and took a few pictures

Habanero Smoker

I've never heard of them, but thanks for brining that to my attention. It looks like an interesting store. They are not close to me, but in April I have a trip planned for L.I.; so I'll schedule a stop at one of their stores.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Sailor

Dang!  I never heard of them before.  I will have to swing by the one in Boca Raton, FL next time I am in the area.  Where is South Florida are you staying?

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

carnie1

I never heard of em either , I'm in Davie near 595 & Pine Island

Habanero Smoker

I was able to visit the store located in Roosevelt, NY, I wanted to also visit the one in Mt. Vernon, NY but I was running late. They say their stores are geared towards the community they are located at, that is why I want to check out two stores. For some reason the shelves in the meat section where not fully stocked, but I was able to purchase a couple of cuts that I do not see in my area; such as hanger steak, whole brisket and leg of goat. They had whole and half goats for sale but the cooler I had in the car was too small. Man! I sure wanted that goat.

The meat prices are very competitive, especially that close to the City. The brisket was Certified Angus Beef (CAB), for $3.39/lb; in my area CAB brisket is selling for close to $5.00/lb. I will be in the Mt. Vernon area next week. So I'm taking a bigger cooler and will stop at both Western Beef and Restaurant Depot.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)