Feeding pucks nonstop before "E" appears

Started by Tim Sarver, March 16, 2014, 03:05:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim Sarver

I have had my digital smoker for less than a year and have used it only a handful of times.  I have already had to replace the heating element and now the puck feeder feeds nonstop until it indicates an error.  I took it back to where I bought it and they told me to contact Bradley.  I can't find any email addresses or phone numbers on the website.  How do I get ahold of someone there.  From what I have read it appears the micro switch is now bad, but I have not been able to find this part anywhere.  I'm starting to get frustrated with my purchase.  Can anyone point me in the right direction? 

TedEbear

Do you want to try and fix it yourself or just send it back?  Here are a few links if you want to see if you can fix it yourself.

What is an "E" message?

Why are the bisquettes continuously feeding, and just being dumped into the water bowl?

And here's a link to their contact info:

Bradley Smoker North America

Tim Sarver

I'm not opposed to fixing it myself.  I need to have it up and running pretty soon though.  I've got about 50 lbs of deer meat in the freezer I need to take care of and I was planning to smoke for my daughter's graduation party in May.  I would prefer to return it for replacement, but I am guessing that will take to long.

Jkwellborn

I fixed mine myself when I had that problem. Tightened the micro switch, pushed all the connections in good, and then backed off the 2 screws holding the switch about a half turn.