Disney Fair style Turkey Legs

Started by viper125, April 22, 2012, 07:00:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bear1968

Got'em done!  ;D I followed the OP's recipe and went for 3 days in brine and 1 hour water bath after. Smoked til 180 IT and FTW with butter and Honey for 1.5 hrs. End result was ..... Yumm. The only thing is that these Legs were so big 1 fed 2 People. The pic below is of the 3 of the 4 I did. The missing one has been devoured  :P They are on a 12 inch dinner plate  :o BIG LEGS! The one in the middle was 12 inches and the Runt of the 4.  :)

UBC Local 268

lilharv

viper125

Thats the way we like them. Get more flavor from the spices in three day. Also you can only get so much salt from any brine. But you mention having these on around here and enough shows there is never left overs. Hope fully wont be much longer and these treatments will be done and i can smoke some more.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

muebe

Bear the picture looks like the ones from Disneyland. Great job ;)
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

MARITIME

I know this post is years old now.  but quick question, 6 1/2 hrs for smoking 6 legs.  do i adjust the time for 12 legs?
thanks!

GusRobin

No. In fact I think they cooked for 6.5 hours, but didn't smoke that long. I would go 3 hours of smoke. Much more than 3-4 hours on poultry would result in too much smoke flavor (in my opinion). When I do butts and briskets, the most I ever smoke is 4 hours. The only time I used more was when I did a full raw ham. Smoke time was about 36 hours with 8 hours of smoke.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.