Building a Boeing 737-800 simulator

Started by Flyboyandre, April 22, 2012, 07:07:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slowpoke

If your looking back at the things you missed,You won't know what hit you.

Flyboyandre

Slowly starting to look like a plane. It has become quite the sight for cars passing by.

mikecorn.1

That is looking nice. Great workmanship. You have what they call SKILZZZZ.  ;D
Mike

Flyboyandre

I hurt like a SOB. Only 3 more formers to go. Seriously, there have been moments where I thought to myself "wouldn't it be cool with the first ever convertible 737?". I just can't seem to picture that in my mind.

Flyboyandre

Roof for the most part done. Just a few support blocks to install and some minor trimming left.
Then it's off to the outside skin. Any volunteer soldiers? I have liquid refreshments!

Tiny Tim

I'd love to come help, but at 1 tank of gas a month, you'd be done by the time I got there.  Looking fun and good.

Flyboyandre

Why do people stop and ask? Can't you see what it is? You would think it's pretty darn obvious by now.

Started with some initial skin this evening.

GusRobin

Quote from: Flyboyandre on May 12, 2012, 12:26:21 AM
Why do people stop and ask? Can't you see what it is? You would think it's pretty darn obvious by now.

Started with some initial skin this evening.

Put the skin on, some windows and a door and it would make a great house for the Bradley.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Flyboyandre

Ok, I'm out of hardboard and will take a break until Friday night. I'm very happy with how it goes on and by the time layer #2 is on I recon it will be pretty darn nice.
Cutting 3" strips for the nose as it contains the largest curves.
Lots of people stopping and I find it insulting that they don't seem to care about my lawn.

Um, I'm glad I left the nose cone out of my plans.

pikeman_95

Andre
You know if you made a couple wing tips sticking out the sides of your garage it would sure screw with their minds.

Flyboyandre

Quote from: pikeman_95 on May 13, 2012, 09:30:58 PM
Andre
You know if you made a couple wing tips sticking out the sides of your garage it would sure screw with their minds.

That's a fantastic idea Kirby! One on each side and a banner above the door :)

squirtthecat

And runway lights lining your driveway...   ;D

pikeman_95

Andre
You will also need a above cabin strobe light and wing tip strobes. Squirt I like the runway lights. Now if you could get your wife to hold a couple of those orange come on back flashlights with ear muffs on. You will also have to talk your neighbor into standing off to the side of the plane cabin with a TSA outfit and screening station.Now you will need some one with a good camera taking pictures of their faces as the drive by. These are the pictures we need to see here on the forum
This all sounds fun until you local zoning board inspector sends you a fine for a zoning violation. [for installing a private airport, aginst the local zoning]
Kirby

hal4uk

Can't wait to see it all "skinned up"...
Those gawkers are gonna feel like serious dumb@sses...

when they see that Macy's Parade Snoopy Head take shape!
:o
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

Flyboyandre

Quote from: hal4uk on May 14, 2012, 08:39:27 PM
Can't wait to see it all "skinned up"...
Those gawkers are gonna feel like serious dumb@sses...

when they see that Macy's Parade Snoopy Head take shape!
:o

Lol!