Building a Boeing 737-800 simulator

Started by Flyboyandre, April 22, 2012, 07:07:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flyboyandre

Feels like I abandoned my smokeaholic friends here on the forum. It was never my intention and I will still be running my smokehouse while working on my newest and biggest project ever. I'm sure that some of you see what it is but for the rest I will do some explaining.
Since I always need to keep busy with woodworking, I kept pondering what to take on next.
To my big surprise my wife didn't seem to mind when I told her that I'm building a scale size Boeing 737-8 nose in my garage. Well, she soon realized the sheer size as I laid down the framework and started cutting the spars  :o
Oh well, I'm beyond the point of no return so here we go.
Don't know if a topic like this belongs here on the forum but hoped that someone out there would be interested in following the build. I respect the action if a moderator deletes it  :)
It's a massive undertaking and will take some time. Wheels up!

howlin

neat ,im following this thread .quite the undertaking.
if cows didn't taste so good ,they would be extinct

3rensho

I'm definitely interested.  Keep the pix coming please.
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

car54

mikecorn.1

Cool!  Looking forward to the test of the pics.
Whatcha gonna do with it when it's done  :)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

pikeman_95

Andre
At first I thought you were building a boat. Now I see you are back to flying. I would not be surprised when you are done that we end up with a second spruce Goose  ;D ;D

Flyboyandre

Quote from: mikecorn.1 on April 23, 2012, 04:47:42 AM
Cool!  Looking forward to the test of the pics.
Whatcha gonna do with it when it's done  :)?

I'm going to set up the inside with all instruments you can find inside a 737 and fly. Then it will be a proper burial for my old pit.

mikecorn.1

Nice!!

Mike

OldHickory

I will definitly look forward to your pic's and progress.
Bradley DS4 with Auber PID and dual element mod
Char-Broil SRG
Weber kettle with rotisserie
Charmglow 5 burner with rotisserie pgg
Pit Barrel Smoker

We the people own this United States Of America,and the Constitution is our owners manual.

squirtthecat

You're going to need a bigger garage!   :D

ghost9mm

Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

Tiny Tim

That's not a garage, that's a hangar. 

Looking Good Andre, keep us posted.

devo

Now thats a project, why don't you go buy a 737  ;D ;D ;D   Guess they are kinda expensive unless your John Travolta. Think he owns a Boeing 707

slowpoke

Don't rush it,Andre.We'll be here when you're finished.Looking forward to some pix.
If your looking back at the things you missed,You won't know what hit you.

Flyboyandre

Quote from: devo on April 23, 2012, 06:20:44 PM
Now thats a project, why don't you go buy a 737  ;D ;D ;D   Guess they are kinda expensive unless your John Travolta. Think he owns a Boeing 707

A new 737-800NG is about 75mill out of my budget. Even Travolta's 707 would be far out of my range.
Yeah, space is an issue for sure as it doesn't give me much wiggleroom. However, at some point I will tear down the old sim enclosure. This will give me "plenty" of space. Good thing I can fold in the wings :)