Building a Boeing 737-800 simulator

Started by Flyboyandre, April 22, 2012, 07:07:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flyboyandre

Not a whole lot of progress during the limited time after work. However, I've made it all the way back to the window framing.
My goal is to have the major components of the framework done by the end of this upcoming weekend.

Quarlow

This is going to be cool. I love to build wood airplane models. Unfortunately I get to the part where the wood work is done and I don't want to cover it. So I have 3 with no cover. A Cessna skylane, a Piper J-3 Cub and a P-38 lightning.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Flyboyandre

Slow but A step is better than none, right?

SouthernSmoked

Yelp! I too was guessing boat.

This is going to be..............

SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

Flyboyandre

Working into the evening hours. Hoping to have most of the window frame done tomorrow night.

Flyboyandre

Finished the base frame tonight which will be one of 4 total modules in this project.

hal4uk

Dang!  I thought I was working on a project.  Pffffffft!!!! 
That is wayyyyyy cool!!
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

Keymaster

I see that blue cooler on the bottom shelf is going to fit nicely in the floor board of the cockpit, maybe some ice coldies and vodka while flying to Europe ;) looks like a fun project!!

pikeman_95

Andre
Do you have more then 24 hours in a day where you live??? You get more done then anyone I know. I feel like I am just sluffing off compared to you. I still think with a little work you could make that into a boat. Just Kidding I am enjoying your project. Remember to get a little rest now and then.
Kirby

Smokin Soon

Dang, that is some really cool stuff you do! Watching some of your stuff on youtube that branched out to other home simulators cost me half a day. Had no idea folks got into it that deep price wise.

Flyboyandre

Quote from: Keymaster on April 28, 2012, 03:20:20 PM
I see that blue cooler on the bottom shelf is going to fit nicely in the floor board of the cockpit, maybe some ice coldies and vodka while flying to Europe ;) looks like a fun project!!

Aaron, i think i may install a little fridge right by the entrance to the flight deck. I hear that this is how the Russians set up their airliners. Does that mean i have to paint the nose in Aeroflot colors?  ;D

Flyboyandre

Quote from: pikeman_95 on April 28, 2012, 03:28:09 PM
Andre
Do you have more then 24 hours in a day where you live??? You get more done then anyone I know. I feel like I am just sluffing off compared to you. I still think with a little work you could make that into a boat. Just Kidding I am enjoying your project. Remember to get a little rest now and then.
Kirby

I am VERY ocd Kirby :)
Actually i dont have that many hours into it so far. It may look like that but it hasnt been bad. Today i really hit the wall when i ran out of plywood so now i need to wait for someone to show up with a truck so i can get one more sheet. Window framing will be done tomorrow.
Lesson learned - I'm glad i dont think about luggage space for passengers down below or physical landing gear as I only have a 4" clearance above the aft portion of the deck.
You can kind of see it in this picture.

Flyboyandre

I was very determined to getting the rough build of the shell finished today but had to call it a night in order to avoid pissing off my neighbors :)
The shell is starting to take shape but wholly molly this project is a bit bigger than i anticipated :)

Leadfoote

TedEbear

Hope you don't end up building a ship in a bottle and you can't get the thing out the garage door after it's finished.   ;D