Building a Boeing 737-800 simulator

Started by Flyboyandre, April 22, 2012, 07:07:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flyboyandre

Quote from: TedEbear on April 30, 2012, 04:44:05 AM
Hope you don't end up building a ship in a bottle and you can't get the thing out the garage door after it's finished.   ;D

Lol! It is actually modular and will come apart in 4 pieces.

rdevous

Andre,

Don't worry about how long it takes.  How many episodes of NCIS has Gibbs been sanding that boat in his basement?  He still doesn't have boards on those ribs!

Ray

If you can't smoke it.....you don't need it!!!

Flyboyandre

I pulled the entire window frame of the flight deck apart and rebuilt it since i wasn't pleased with the angles from the drawings i was working with.
After researching 737-800 pictures for 4 hours last night i finally had what I needed to make it right. The only thing that got my anger running tonight was that i ended up one 2x2 short of finishing the first officer side windows. Oh well, i smell a weekend ahead.

Flyboyandre

Alright, this is how she stands as we move on to the top module. Then we wrap the whole thing in wood. I am worn out. Maybe i need to listen to my wife and daughter's advice: you try to do too much in one session. Oh well, vodka here i come :)

GusRobin

Quote from: Flyboyandre on May 04, 2012, 10:40:01 PMMaybe i need to listen to my wife and daughter's advice: you try to do too much in one session.

Maybe, but i am enjoying your progress -  looks great
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

3rensho

Thanks for the updates Andre.  I really enjoy following this project.
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

Quarlow

This is cool and ironically I hauled one of 2 loads to Seattle this week. Contents: Fuselage mock up display. It didn't say what plane it was and I didn't see it but it came from a company called "Ceva" and was going to one of their branches or to a trade show. I assumed there is going to be a show or for their showroom or something.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

viper125

Looking good but still a little confused. What are you going to do with this. Donate it some where? Or make into a smoker or what. Dont get me wrong this is fun to watch and just as sure to build. But with all this cash going into it . Im sure you have a purpose.
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

Flyboyandre

Quote from: viper125 on May 05, 2012, 08:40:17 AM
Looking good but still a little confused. What are you going to do with this. Donate it some where? Or make into a smoker or what. Dont get me wrong this is fun to watch and just as sure to build. But with all this cash going into it . Im sure you have a purpose.

When all said and done you will be sitting in a replica 737-800NG flightdeck. Wrap around visuals will give you an "as real as it gets" fully functional flight simulator.

mikecorn.1

Adult size, life like video game ;D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

TedEbear

Will it have hydraulics to rotate the cockpit up, down, etc., as you move the control yoke?  That would be something.   ;D

Flyboyandre

Quote from: TedEbear on May 05, 2012, 11:43:54 AM
Will it have hydraulics to rotate the cockpit up, down, etc., as you move the control yoke?  That would be something.   ;D

Hell no. Out of my budget and I need a second story garage for that.

howlin

if cows didn't taste so good ,they would be extinct

Flyboyandre

Doesn't look like much has happened but now that I calculated the right curve for the roof spars it will go fast to finish the last 6. Starting to look like a plane.

Flyboyandre

Very unhappy with my "progress" this weekend. I guess some family time is valuable at times.
My big plans of getting the upper module framed went?????  ::)

Oh well, I got some stuff done. Took Jack's advice of reinforcing the main structure of the upper module to better handle the overhead weight. That was a quick install and I also got the back wall plates cut to fit. In theory, I should be making good progress during the evenings this coming week but I'm incredibly sore.