which sausage

Started by amigo smoker, April 23, 2012, 03:12:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amigo smoker

Im getting a meat grinder and stuffer tomoz

as yet i dont have my bradley only a pro q (charcoal )
so i was wandering what sausage i can make that does not need smoking, just frying

i know obviously its gonna be beter smoked but surely there must be a good recipe out there for un smoked sausage

wouldnt mmind a chilli sausage to try but cant find a recipe

look forward to your replies

mat

Keymaster

Id make a nice italian sausage with 32 mm hog casings to go along with that spagetti your wifes makin Thursday  night. Don't  forget the loaf of french bread when you pick up the noodles. :)

rajzer

The last fresh sausage I made was a hit with friends and family.  I kinda cheated because I used the AC Legg seasoning for spicy Italian sausage, and just added some fresh garlic and soy flakes into the mix.  Used a coarsely ground pork butt and the sausage was delish!.  I ate it fried, poached and barbecued, all good!

amigo smoker

Quote from: Keymaster on April 23, 2012, 03:22:35 PM
Id make a nice italian sausage with 32 mm hog casings to go along with that spagetti your wifes makin Thursday  night. Don't  forget the loaf of french bread when you pick up the noodles. :)

sounds nice

and my lads favourite meal is meat balls with tomato sauce so i may try that

would like a nice chilli recipe though so i can make some nice sausages with a kick for work

cheers

mat

Keymaster

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "chili sausage" See if you can find something Here I looked in all my books and saw nothing close to chili sausage in the index's.

viper125

I second the italian. Just did a batch and its great. I can post or send the recipe if you like. It doesnt use any premixed spices.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

amigo smoker

by chilli sausage i just mean a sausage with chilli in it

thanks for all the help guys im gonna have a go at the italian one

mat

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: amigo smoker on April 24, 2012, 04:23:02 AM

mat

There may be a matter of words being used differently in different countries. Even in this country chili and chile are often confusing for American cooks. When you say Chilli (chili) that could mean a dish prepared with meat, seasonings in a thick sauce, some parts of the country add beans.

For cooking;  Chili powder is a blend of hot peppers, and other spices that include cumin, paprika, salt; pepper etc.  Chile referrs to hot peppers, either fresh, or dried that can come whole or ground hot.

So I believe you are looking for a sausage with chile pepper added. If you search the forum you should find a couple of sausages made with jalapeno.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

amigo smoker

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on April 24, 2012, 01:46:41 PM
Quote from: amigo smoker on April 24, 2012, 04:23:02 AM

mat

There may be a matter of words being used differently in different countries. Even in this country chili and chile are often confusing for American cooks. When you say Chilli (chili) that could mean a dish prepared with meat, seasonings in a thick sauce, some parts of the country add beans.

For cooking;  Chili powder is a blend of hot peppers, and other spices that include cumin, paprika, salt; pepper etc.  Chile referrs to hot peppers, either fresh, or dried that can come whole or ground hot.

So I believe you are looking for a sausage with chile pepper added. If you search the forum you should find a couple of sausages made with jalapeno.

excellent

you are correct thats what im looking for, im going to have a look on the forum now

many thanks

viper125

Well we have lots of recipes with chili powder. No real need to look elsewhere. Just need to make us understand what you'd like. I also thought you meant chili the soup not the powder or pepper. In fact most any sausage is good with chili peppers to me.
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.